This was our first time in the SA Wine Country which is definitly worth a visit. Le Quartier Francais is sweet. Our room was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and efficient but is felt under maintained. I certainly wish it was as good as their web site promised. We were pretty much disappointed. That may have been partly because we had lunch at Delaire Graff Estate which is the place we should really have stayed out.
What was really dispointing is that one of the reasons for booking Le Quartier Francais was so we could eat that their Tasting Room. It is supposed to be fantastic. But we were staying there on a Sunday and Monday. Guess what? The restaurant is closed those nights. There is nothing on the hotel's web site about this. The other restaurant in the hotel is also closed. The can only offer you "Tapas" at the bar but that was more like bar food you would get a some 4 star hotel. They booked us into another restaurant one of the nights and the food was piteful. We had to contrast this with our lunch at Delaire.
Franschhoek itself was pretty disappointing to. There was no reason to stay in town as far as I was concerned.
Le Quartier Francais has a sister restaurant out of town called Bed and Wine. The hotel drove us there and picked us up. It was maybe ten minutes away. It was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek