I just read a few of the reviews because I almost felt a little guilty that I did not love this hotel. It is beautiful and and has a very cozy feel BUT after arriving a little late in the evening we were pretty tired so after a yummy dinner in the Common Room we went to bed, looking forward to sleeping in the next morning. Well, the people repaving the tiles right outside our room kind of ruined the "sleeping in " thing! Drilling and hammering started pretty early. REALLY? Don't put someone in a room right next to where you will have workers digging up tiles! Also the outlet in the bathroom didn't work so I couldn't dry my hair with the use of a mirror.
Overall,the room was beautiful and cozy, the bed was comfortable and the staff very pleasant. We did not care for the dinner at the tasting room but I'll put that in my restaurant review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 83 Km from Cape Town, Le Quartier Francais is in the heart of the vineyards of the famous Franschhoek valley of the French Huguenots. Located in the village centre, this privately owned hotel and restaurant is an exquisite stopping place on the wine trail and the trace of the history of the Huguenot settlers, between Mont Rochelle, Haute Provence, Moreson. Impeccable decoration and service. Eclectic cuisine by Margot Janse and regional wine, of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Quartier Francais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Quartier Francais Franschhoek
- Le Quartier Francais Hotel Franschhoek