“Can't decide which is better - the view or the food!!”
Review of Roca Restaurant

Roca Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

...Both are unbelievable!! We arrived at about 615pm to have pre-dinner drinks - i know this is a wine region, but their cocktails were quite simply gorgeous and a nice change to all the wines!!

We sat outside to start with so that we could take in the mindblowing sunset over the valley & mountains (and have a few more cocktails) before going in to the main restaurant for dinner.

We were fortunate to have requested a window table when reserving a few weeks prior, and whilst we werent sure this had been noted, when we arrived, next to our name there was "WINDOW" written in large letters!

The table & view were fab, and it was lovely to watch the lights of Franschoek twinkle away, whilst we enjoyed delicious food in delightful settings.

The staff were brilliantly knowledgeable and went the extra mile with little touches, like a side of dauphinoise potato which Michael convinced the chef to create for us! I'd never had Ostrich before, and whilst i wanted to try it, i was nervous, but our lovely waitress (sorry, i didnt catch your name) helped me over come this and steer me in to trying it - and boy i'm glad i did, DELICIOUS!!

Obviously, there are many incredible food & gourmet experiences to be had in this region, but for the views, food & service with a smile (and no snobbery) we would definitely recommend this wonderful place.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The view is one of the best in Franschhoek but unfortunately the service was infrequent and the food was average.
We were left alone to pour our own wine and water on a few occasions.
The portions are generous but the quality and appearance needs to be lifted.
As an example my pasta dish was ruined by an excess of white pepper and it looked like it was slopped onto the plate.
There are many better places to eat at in Franschhoek.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

It was an excellent experience visiting this restaurant. We where warmly welcomed at the door. We felt like very important guests all night long? Excellent food, excellent portions, excellent service and beautiful views! Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been to Dieu Donne many times and have never been disappointed. I would recommend making a reservation to get good seats. They have a spectacular view of the Franschhoek valley. In good weather, sit outside under an umbrella. in bad weather, sit inside, next to the big glass walls. The service is super friendly and good. The servings are a little on the small side, but are definitely enough and are VERY good. The ambience is terrific. They do sell a craft beer that they make on the premises but it is a little watery. On the other hand, I loved their wooded chardonay, even though I am not much of a white wine drinker.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My sister and I had dinner on the 31st of august @ Roca restaurant in franschhoek, thanks to Bastille festival competition. The place is breathtakingly beautiful with nice views of franschhoek mountains and the food, so delicious and the staff so attentive!

If you're planning a quick escape to franschhoek go and enjoy their delicious Mediterranean dishes.