After a day out in Franschhoek we stopped at the supposed Famous Pancake house to get a warm snack and encountered quite a few disappointments:
1. The waitress did not know what wine and beer they served, it wasn't on the menu, she was clueless and not helpful, first impression, then it got worse
2. We waited 20 minutes FOR OUR DRINKS!!
3. The hot chocolate, which is priced at R42!!!! was luke warm and served in a milk jug which was chipped!!, seriously, if you charge R42 for a hot chocolate make a little effort and at least make sure the drink is hot!
4. The owner was cursing at a couple of girls who sat down, looked at the menu and walked off - it was pathetic
5. The food was not hot, the filling was average, very poor for the amount you pay
THE BOTTOM LINE: I'm local but will never go there again. He's overpriced, lacks in style and presentation, has very average food and poor service. DEFINITELY not worth a visit
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.