“It was really bad” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haute Cabriere Restaurant

Haute Cabriere Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Franschhoek's iconic Haute Cabriere Restaurant & Terrace is well known for its unique location, set into the side of Franschhoek Mountain and overlooking the Valley. Soaring arches and the view over the cathedral-like Pinot Noir Barrel Maturation Cellar below offer an experience which is not to be missed. On sunny days, guests can enjoy the beautiful vistas over Franschhoek from the terrace, while on cool days a roaring fire creates a cosy atmosphere. Haute Cabriere's menu revolves around seasonal availability of produce, which is mostly sourced locally or even grown organically on the farm. The flavours and textures on the plate are specifically designed to complement the range of Haute Cabriere wines and Pierre Jourdan Cap Classiques - all of them served by the glass and by the bottle at cellar door prices. Bringing all of these elements together, Haute Cabriere offers the complete marriage of food and wine.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“It was really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Visited with family and had booked a new years eve celebration at this place. Before entering I read all the awards they displayed outside and was hoping for good food and a good celebration. Boy was I gypped out of several hundred dollars.
It's not that the experience was not as good as I thought it would be, it was just bad. I never finished a single course completely and believe me their portions are small. Dry meat and no flavor is how I'll remember the meal to be. It might be a great place on 364 days of the year but my fixed menu meal was a total disappointment. We sat around for 30 minutes waiting for our coffee and got some just as the place was shutting down.
The dance floor was unattractive and none of the young hip crowd you would expect.
There was a dodgy manager there whom I would swear is south Asian in origin but insisted he was from Sicily or some place

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CrazyOstrich, Public Relations Manager at Haute Cabriere Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you for your review of Haute Cabrière Cellar Restaurant. I’m obviously very sorry to hear your comments, but I must just ask whether you are sure it was Haute Cabrière's New Year’s function you attended? I only ask because both our managers on duty that night were female and proudly South African, and we didn’t have a dance floor of any kind! If you are still sure it was our restaurant, I would be very grateful if you could email me on marketing@cabriere.co.za as I would like to do what I can to make amends.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service, wine & view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

The chef, Ryan prepared a delicious 5 course vegetarian tasting menu for us with exquisite wine pairings. We sat on the terrace overlooking breathtaking views of the valley. An experience never to be forgotten, thank you!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

Lovely restaurant with a great view. Great wines and lovely food

Cardiff
“A wonderful restaurant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had one of our best food experiences at this restaurant. The service was very friendly and helpful in terms of food and wine knowledge. The views are stunning at sunset and I would recommend a drink outside to see this before heading inside when the sun goes down. The tasting menu was maybe not the best value for money but the chef is good. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in this area. Perhaps helpful re the pink pound to say that we found the restaurant easy-going and gay-friendly.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 1foodielove
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Highly recommend it, love the atmosphere in the cellar. Excellent service.