“Outstanding”

Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Petite Ferme boasts unrivaled views and delicious cuisine. Our Vineyard and Manor House suites are amongst the best that Franschhoek Accommodation has to offer. A Franschhoek Restaurant that is situated high up on the mountain overlooking the Franschhoek Valley is world renowned for its approach to rustic contemporary cuisine. The award winning La Petite Ferme Winery takes its place amongst Franschhoek's finest cellars
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant and winery is set in the most beautiful area. The restaurant overlooks the gardens and the further views of the surrounding mountains. The menu was very varied and
obviously the wine exceptional. Each course was amazing and the service was very good. One felt very relaxed in such beautiful surroundings. I would highly recommend this restaurant if u
are visiting Franschoek.

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food is an amazing setting”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Recently had lunch here on a recent holiday in South Africa after it was recommended by a friend.

Was glad we listened to the recommendation as it was fantastic!

The location is amazing with views over the vineyards, mountains and sweeping countryside to be enjoyed with great food and wine.

If you book ask for a table on the verandah or in the garden to enjoy the view as much as possible. The staff are very helpful and accommodating and you can take a drink in the garden on a bench whilst you wait for your food or have a coffee here after your meal.

We had starters and mains, my gf had the best starter which were wonderfully flavoured fishcakes that even a non-fish fan like myself enjoyed. For the mains I had the venison which was again lovely as was my gf's pineapple chicken..all this enjoyed initially with a bottle of bubbles and then some red wine of which the house options are fantastic as you would expect in this region!

The food was also great value as was the wine.

Next time I am back in Franschoek I will be visiting!

Galway, Galway, Ireland
“the absolute best”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had lunch here as unfortunately we had booked for dinner on their last musical evening of the season and this was cancelled and I am so glad that we went instead for lunch as I think it was the best food that I have ever had and I will definitely be returning...service super...we got a lovely table by the window and I could have stayed there forever.

Visited March 2013
Curitiba, PR
“Great food, besides a wonderfull view and service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in April 2013 with my parents and friends, after a nice morning visiting cellars and tasting some wonderfull wines. It was a chilli morning and our table was just viewing the mountains that surround the village of Franschhoek. And those vineyards, with the collors of the fall.
The food was great, with a nice Rose Wine, and the waitress was so nice with us, explaining the menu and doing sugestions to us. I trully recomend to scape to this piece of france.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lunch in Franschhoek”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Delicious food and very beautiful setting for a special lunch surrounded by vineyards and mountainous views. Very enjoyable experience.

• Visited May 2012