“good lunch”

Salmon Bar at the Yard
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Follow the sound of the water from the Main Road and let it lead you to the cobbled courtyard where you can dine under the wild fig tree... Inside seating also available for cooler days.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

would recommend for lunch if you ar shopping in franschoel.....but otherwise there are fabulous places at lots of the wineries which are fantastic

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Salmon Bar an affiliate of Three Streams Smokehose, has become our go to impromptu lunch spot in Franschhoek. The menu is delightful and the freshest of Franschhoek and Highlands Trout. You must try their Smoked Salmon Spread with some fresh crusty lightly toasted bread my mouth is watering just typing the words.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We slept late--jet lag--and did not care for breakfast. We walked around town and our local friend asked where we wanted to eat lunch. "You pick" was out immediate answer. She took us to the Salmon Bar. It has three different eating areas, and we chose the outside courtyard behind the art galleries. Service was perfect. The menu was diverse. Our friend and my DH had a smoked salmon platter and I had a hot smoked trout sandwich. A bottle of Grand Provence Sauvignon Blanc was excellent. The price of the meal was excellent, too. My husband and I returned several days later to sit on the street side for drinks and people watching. Nice place/atmosphere.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Definitely worth going to. Great value, fresh products and good food. A specialist in salmon which is rare. Will be back definitely

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I spent a special occasion weekend in Franschhoek this past weekend and what a phenomenal experience. I tend to follow an old-fashioned adage... If you don't have anything nice to say, rather don't say anything at all... At least not on the world wide web. As a result, I happily rave about places that truly deserve it.

Salmon Bar is definitely one of those places. I love the concept, not only is there traditional, and some not so traditional sushi/sashimi, but there is a huge selection of fish dishes, burgers, salads, sandwiches and made with their own handcrafted bread and sauces. Their fish is ethically farmed and sourced locally (this is important to me). We had the Salmon & Trout Platter for two (sorry, not the best picture, but you get the idea). Absolutely delicious and very good value. Husband had a glass of the Grand Provence Sauvignon Blanc and after lunch, we went straight down to the Cellar to purchase a case. Our waiter was sincere, generous and professional.

Overall, a wonderful experience and one we will definitely return to.
Thank you to all at the Salmon Bar!