We stayed in Centre-ville for a couple of nights and it was fine, but nothing to write home about. The location is superb (it's only a block from the center of Franschoek), but the rooms can get chilly at night and the service was spotty.
The ladies who served breakfast were incredibly sweet and they made a delicious breakfast, but the hostess who greeted us was a bit scattered. They had double-booked our room by accident and she tried to put us in a room with a smaller bed. When we asked to be put in a king-size room as we had booked, she obliged but then neglected to give us a key to the new room. We also had to ask her what her name was (she did not introduce herself) as well as the internet passcode. The internet is very slow and the TV is quite old. The bathroom was very nice, however.
It was a bit of an odd experience but thankfully there is so much to do in Franschoek / Stellenbosch that you don't end up spending much time in the room anyways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre-Ville is a 4-Star Guest House in the center of the village within 3min walking distance to all the shops, galleries and village restaurants.This gracious Victorian Beauty was build in 1905 and has been fully renovated without losing the old world charm with origin floors and high ceilings.We have eight tastefully decorated en-suite rooms each with its own theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Centre-Ville Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre-Ville Hotel Franschhoek
- Centre-Ville Bed And Breakfast