Holden Manz Country House(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$186
$108
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$252
$356
$296
Agoda.com
$220
$204
Lavender Farm Guest House Franschhoek(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$95
$88
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

Protea Hotel by Marriott Franschhoek(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$113
$267
$243
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

Boschendal Cottages(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$257
Mont Rochelle(Franschhoek)
$413
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $487/night.

Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa(Franschhoek)(Great Value!)
$136
$102
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

All reviewswedding venuemanor housewine tastingwedding coordinatorharvest festivalpool housebeautiful venuethe cottagesamazing winebeautiful mountainscape winelandsworld classthree nightswine tramtasting roomestateguests
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had my wedding "feast at Vrede en Lust... There are no words to explain the level of service that you get, the friendly staff and warm hospitality!

Nothing was to big or to small to ask.
I remeber the day before the wedding I was in the mood for a salad with avo and feta. The restaurant on site did not have any in stock so the head function coordinater drove to buy me seem...without me having to ask.
The attention to detail is out of this world!

I can recommend this lovely place for anything from a relaxing get-away to a wonderfully amazing wedding venue!

A must for anyone looking to be pamperd @ an affordable price!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eloise M
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My Fiance and I visited Vrede and Lust again. What can I say except that it just keeps getting better.

Sharing a wonderful bottle of wine by the fire place is how we capped off each day. A more glorious and romantic setting is impossible to find.

Thank you once again to the friendly staff.

We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is really a wedding venue; we went for the winter special and were disappointed. There is nowhere to eat dinner; the breakfast was boring. The rooms are very luxurious but the TV cable service was not accessible and the rooms were a little cold - great fireplace in the living room but heat does not make it to the bedroom.

Frankly I found the wine a little uninspiring too. As a group (e.g. for a wedding) it would be a lot of fun; as a couple go somewhere else.

Staff are excellent - service is great. Expensive for what it is though.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlexOAE
winecaddie, Owner at Vrede en Lust Estate, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Alex
We are sorry to heat that you did not enjoy your stay here. The Winter Special you refer to was only R520 ($72) per person per night, including breakfast, so we are surprised and disappointed you found it overpriced.
The TVs in the suites were all replaced with new flat screen LCD TVs last month and Satelite TV should all be working on all of them. I will look into this immediately.
We do not offer dinnner on the farm at night, but cheese platters are available on order from the Cotage Fromage for late afternoon delivery. We are located close to the wonderful towns of Franschhoek and Paarl with many great restaurants that suit all kinds of budgets around.
The closest restaurant open at night is Pappa Grappa at Wilderers, located about 4km up the road towards Paarl. It is a really little gem and we normally leave their brochures in the suites.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

This review is long overdue. My husband and I got married here on the 9th Feb this year. It was probably the most amzing day either of us had ever had. I cannot say enough about VNL, who made it such a perfect experience. We are both Irish but living in the UK so we were organising the wedding from a long way away. Yolanda, the wedding coordinator was fantastic, so efficient and professional and she was there to supervise the whole day. Duncan from Cotage Fromage who did the catering provided the most exquisite food (and some good recommendations for the DJ!)
The venue is so beautiful, all our 36 guests were in awe of the views of the mountains, the attention to detail and the high standard of everything from the rooms to the breakfast the next morning. Franschhoek itself is a beautiful village with lots to do, and my mother, my bridesmaid, aunt and I stayed in VNL the night before and ate out there in the evening..delicious.
I cannot be more efusive in my praise of the place and would highly HIGHLY recommend it to anybody looking for that special overseas venue or just a magnificent high quality wedding. Yolanda has a great list of preferred service providers, everybody from music to beauty, cocktails to florists which was really helpful.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM BOTH OF US!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sarahsimonireland
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Our daughter and her fiance chose this vineyard for their wedding based on a few on line photos and memories of a few romantic visits to Franschhoek wineries. They were not disappointed. If you are looking for a beautiful setting and immaculate service for a wedding, look no further. Yolanda, Wiena and all the staff not only produced a well practiced event on the day, but also gave lots of advice and cheerful support in the months and weeks before. By the time of the big day they seemed like old friends. Duncan and his team delivered a delicious dinner and the wines, especially the Boet Erasmus, were well appreciated.
One caveat, a few of the hotel rooms needed plumbing updates and not all the rooms were made up every day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family