“Lovely bistro in Franschhoek”

The French Connection
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Matthew Gordon’s popular bistro in the heart of the Franschhoek village offers a relaxed culinary experience with top-quality French classics like slow-roasted crispy duck with raspberry vinegar jus; superb steaks (try the fillet mignon with three-mushroom sauce), plus the freshest fish and local produce. Friendly, informative staff ensure that French Connection remains one of the most popular stops in the ‘Gourmet Capital of the Cape’. American Express Platinum Fine Dining Award 2006–2012; Diners Club International Wine List Award 2011–2013; Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2012 & 2013.
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I've had lunch at French Connection while travelling through the village. I didn't have much time to eat but that wasn't a problem at all. Friendly staff was very quick with serving my drinks and food. I had a beef wrap with fries. It was delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This little gem is in the heart of town, and we always make sure to eat there at least once when visiting Franschhoek. The food and service are consistently good, and the warm fireplaces in winter make it even more cosy.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The last we were here was 9 years ago and for us the food was still the same. I had the beef fillet which was fantastic. Good wine list to chose from.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had a nice lentil soup special and we both had kinklip for the main- it was fine but just slightly overcooked. We ate indoors, but most people wanted to sit outside which was much smaller so reserve an outside table in advance if you can.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ordered the Fillet with pepper sauce and Vienna Schnitzel. And can only say that the meal was 6 star and not overpriced. I will recommend this restaurant for sure.