“Fantastic Vrede en Lust”

Vrede en Lust Winery
Ranked #8 of 61 things to do in Franschhoek
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Vrede en Lust offers award-winning wines, historic Cape Dutch architecture, undulating vineyards, breathtaking scenery and world-class leisure facilities. Our cellar door is open daily, with free wine tasting or special wine enthusiast food and wine pairings. Luxurious accommodation for up to 42 people plus one of the most sought-after wedding and event venues in the country. The very popular LUST Bistro & Bakery is family friendly and open for early breakfasts, late lunches and everything in between.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great wine, spectacular views and a great afternoon awaits you at Vrede en Lust.

Wines are beautifully presented and paired by well informed staff. The views of the Franschoek mountains makes this an essential visit for anyone looking for a great wine tasting experience.

Ask for Christine - she's tops.

There are newer reviews for Vrede en Lust Winery

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The day dawned rainy, windy and cold. We were scheduled for 3 wine tastings. A perfect day for lousy weather. The first tasting was just like the weather. Cold, damp and noisy. So many people tasting and talking we couldn't understand what was being said. At least the cheese was good. Naturally we didn't buy anything. Next stop, Vrede en Lust. We walked into an oasis of charm and wonderful wines. The experience was wonderful. We were greeted by the lovely Lynne who made us feel right At home. The wines were described beautifully and with such caring that we bought a case to send home to the US. It was the perfect stop. Would love to come back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of my most enjoyable wine tastings. Great wines, with awesome views over the vineyards, or on cold days you can enjoy their beautiful cellar wine tasting room. Friendly staff, amazing scenery, beautiful farm. A must visit. I'll be back

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Top of mind for me to share with my guests when doing the Franschoek wine region. Service has always been exceptional and overall A GREAT wine tasting experience. On Sunday they were participating/ involved with a region wine festival and the place was busy, this still did not detract from providing me and my guests with outstanding service. Nicola the head of marketing kindly assisted with sourcing another option as their restaurant was about to close. Sincere thanks!
Great wines, view, staff, atmosphere and I truly missed the Malbec!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would recommend going for a wine tasting any day. I went for the first time in July. The views are stunning; the wines are out of this world, and the service is top notch. I was very surprised by the white wines, as I don’t drink them. Caren asked me very nicely to try them and I loved the white wines, I even bought some to take home. Thanks for the lovely experience. I will definitely be back again :)