“Fantastic service at Maison Chablis”

Maison Chablis Guest House
Ranked #9 of 63 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
lancs, uk
“Fantastic service at Maison Chablis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and 2 children (17 & 21) spent 2 nights at maison Chablis from 26th December 2012. We had a lovely 2 days. We were made to feel very welcome by James & Pat and the accommodation was lovely and in an ideal location, just off the main high street, so ideal for a quick walk to the restaurants and bars of Franschoek.
Thank you Pat for your thoughtfulness in booking a restaurant for us on the 26th - excellent thinking. It hadnt occured to us that all restaurants in the village would be full before we arrived!
James thank you so much for booking Roca for us. The restaurant was fantastic and we were very grateful that you kindly gave us a lift there and back, not only that but once again a big thank you for taking us all the way back to Cape town too - that really was above and beynd the call of duty. We will definately hire a car next time.
I dont think anyone could be disapointed with their stay at Maison Chablis

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Hi, Thanks you for such a lovely review. It was really a pleasure to help your family. It is rewarding to know that you had a good time with us. I hope you come and stay with us again. We consider ourselves a team here, and all my staff members play an important role in providing a good service to our guests.
best regards
James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great spot to stay in Franschoek - right off the main street but very quiet and private. Lovely rooms and simple classic setting. Only complaint was the music in the breakfast room was awfully cheesy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi,
Thank you so much for your review and I am delighted about your comment on the music as it had been troubling me and your comment prompted me to immediately have a look at my entire music collection. I have consulted an expert friend of mine who has since provided me with some new items which have been a great hit with guests. A lot more hip, and generally good background lounge music. I now enjoy just been in the breakfast room! Thanks again for bringing it up! regards
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Charming and stylish this guest house is ideally situated and walking distance to the main high street and all the eateries. A very warm welcome as has been said before, but worthy of mention.
Breakfast was excellent with loads of choice. Our room was on the small side near the pool but well equipped and spotless. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We chose Maison Chablis after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor. And they where all totaly right. This is the best place to live the good life of Franschhoek. We where greated by Pat and where given a hearthly welcome. The rooms we got where fantastisc and they have a pool right outside of our room. The pool is not the largest and could have been a bit cleaner. But it was good enough to chill down in after a hard day of winetasting. James and Pat organized two days of winetour for us. They booked in Bradley as a guide for us. And Bradley did a very good job in taking us around to the wineestates. The breakfast was both hot and cold dishes and a buffet. They put the tables togheter so that we could sit six people togheter. It seems they had thought of everything. They also booked two dinners in restaurants upon our request. If you want to get away from it all, the Maison Chablis is a nice place to find peace in mind.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 5
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ståle Johan K
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review. I am sorry that I was away at the time and could not attend to you personally. Pat, my manageress, has informed me that the suction cap at the pool pump had broken, and hence we had a small period until parts arrived that the pool may have been slightly dirty on the pool floor. I really apologise for that, and assure you that it was unavoidable as our garden assistants responsibility is in fact to maintain the pool clear of leaves and debris 3 times per day, but dust on the pool floor is not that easily cleaned without proper suction in place. I am delighted though that you otherwise had a great time here, and I surely hope when you next return that I will also be here to meet you. Regarding room cleanliness, I assure you that I will look into that, and its a possibility that my staff may have slipped up slightly. Have a super day , thank you again for the complimentary review and we hope to see you again. KInd regards, James
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I could give Maison Chablis 6 stars, I certainly would. It is a really nice and charming guest house thanks to James, Pat and .... their little dog, Simba! I have never got such a warm welcome! This guest house with a little garden is very peaceful and invites you to relaxe. The rooms are confortable and very British-like decorated. It is situated in the city of Franschhoek and everything (except wineries) are within walking distance. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently whilst travelling around SA with friends , this was by far the best place we stayed. James is so welcoming and helpful. Rooms were of a good standard and the staff all great. A great place to explore the area. Excellent recommendations for dinning and vineyards to visit and try a few of the local wines.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hi, Thank you for your compliments. I am just glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved Maison Chablis. Our room was on the first floor and whilst not large, had everything that we needed. A little outside space with chairs and table were perfect for sitting and sipping a glass of something cool and white (or warm and red!) and the tiny swimming pool was very welcome after a long walk. Our host, James, was delightful, very friendly and very helpful; sitting us down in his office as soon as we arrived, finding out what we liked and booking us a table in a delightful restaurant straight away! I asked to look at a map and he photocopied the relevant pages for me so that we could easily find our way to our next destination. The wealth of bird-life in the garden was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: I did not see any of the second floor rooms but the rooms at the back of the property were probably...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the birdlife. The nectar feeder and seed tray has been incredibly successful in attracting birds to the garden and I am amazed at how many guests appreciate them. Best regards. James