“Cosy, charming Maison Chablis”

Maison Chablis Guest House
Ranked #8 of 64 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I could give Maison Chablis 6 stars, I certainly would. It is a really nice and charming guest house thanks to James, Pat and .... their little dog, Simba! I have never got such a warm welcome! This guest house with a little garden is very peaceful and invites you to relaxe. The rooms are confortable and very British-like decorated. It is situated in the city of Franschhoek and everything (except wineries) are within walking distance. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Maison Chablis Guest House

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed recently whilst travelling around SA with friends , this was by far the best place we stayed. James is so welcoming and helpful. Rooms were of a good standard and the staff all great. A great place to explore the area. Excellent recommendations for dinning and vineyards to visit and try a few of the local wines.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hi, Thank you for your compliments. I am just glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved Maison Chablis. Our room was on the first floor and whilst not large, had everything that we needed. A little outside space with chairs and table were perfect for sitting and sipping a glass of something cool and white (or warm and red!) and the tiny swimming pool was very welcome after a long walk. Our host, James, was delightful, very friendly and very helpful; sitting us down in his office as soon as we arrived, finding out what we liked and booking us a table in a delightful restaurant straight away! I asked to look at a map and he photocopied the relevant pages for me so that we could easily find our way to our next destination. The wealth of bird-life in the garden was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: I did not see any of the second floor rooms but the rooms at the back of the property were probably...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the birdlife. The nectar feeder and seed tray has been incredibly successful in attracting birds to the garden and I am amazed at how many guests appreciate them. Best regards. James

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were upgraded to a superior room which was very elegant, there were lots of nice details like a good selection of magazines.

The room had a four poster bed and the bathroom had a huge shower.

The Owner was very helpful and the service excellent.

Maison Chablis is situated 30 metres for the main street with the shops and restaurants yet it is far enough from the centre to be lovely and quiet.

Breakfast was comprehensive, with fruits, meats, yoghurts, and cereals as well as cooked options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. It is much appreciated. My staff and I try our best and are always looking at new ways to improve. Have a great day.
regards

Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's very rare for me to give 5 stars and Maison Chablis came close. Food spread for breakfast was fantastic, it was close to one of the best restaurants of my life, and so friendly a stop. The only slight detraction was some noise from above that came through easily. The fantastic local wine took care of that though

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi, Thank you for your kind compliment about our establishment. I really appreciate the time you took to do a review. I am always looking at ways to improve the comfort of guests. I appreciate the remark about the noise that coul dbe carried through from above and I will try to see what I can do to minimise it going forward.
Kind regards

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We loved Maison Chablis. We wanted an old building but did not want a Laura Ashley overload. The decor is understanded and stylish but still respetful of the historical old building. It is perfectly located for those who love walking around and exploring the town. If you plan to visit wineries, it is also very handy. The host is so welcoming and relaxed that it is difficlut not to love the place. We struggled to find really good breakfasts in South Africa, but Maison Chablis was a pleasant exception, with great breakfast options. We should have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Stay two or three days so you have a chance to enjoy Maison Chablis and explore Farnschoek and the s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

HI, Thanks for takingthe time to do a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Thank you for welcoming me so nicely, for the beautiful and very comfortable room, the nice garden where I could enjoy a swim. I appreciated the calm and the relaxing environment, the birds coming to drink just in front of my room. I also appreciated that you recommended a very good, an excellent restaurant where I enjoyed such a perfect meal and wine.
The breakfast was very good and altogether this place is just the place to be in Franschhoek.
I will be back sometime and bring friends along.... Excellent experience

Room Tip: I think all rooms are as nice and decorated with taste
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo