“Friendly and comfortable with classic style”

Maison Chablis Guest House
Ranked #9 of 64 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's very rare for me to give 5 stars and Maison Chablis came close. Food spread for breakfast was fantastic, it was close to one of the best restaurants of my life, and so friendly a stop. The only slight detraction was some noise from above that came through easily. The fantastic local wine took care of that though

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hi, Thank you for your kind compliment about our establishment. I really appreciate the time you took to do a review. I am always looking at ways to improve the comfort of guests. I appreciate the remark about the noise that coul dbe carried through from above and I will try to see what I can do to minimise it going forward.
Kind regards

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We loved Maison Chablis. We wanted an old building but did not want a Laura Ashley overload. The decor is understanded and stylish but still respetful of the historical old building. It is perfectly located for those who love walking around and exploring the town. If you plan to visit wineries, it is also very handy. The host is so welcoming and relaxed that it is difficlut not to love the place. We struggled to find really good breakfasts in South Africa, but Maison Chablis was a pleasant exception, with great breakfast options. We should have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Stay two or three days so you have a chance to enjoy Maison Chablis and explore Farnschoek and the s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

HI, Thanks for takingthe time to do a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Thank you for welcoming me so nicely, for the beautiful and very comfortable room, the nice garden where I could enjoy a swim. I appreciated the calm and the relaxing environment, the birds coming to drink just in front of my room. I also appreciated that you recommended a very good, an excellent restaurant where I enjoyed such a perfect meal and wine.
The breakfast was very good and altogether this place is just the place to be in Franschhoek.
I will be back sometime and bring friends along.... Excellent experience

Room Tip: I think all rooms are as nice and decorated with taste
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2012

What a fantastic place, we stayed here as part of our honeymoon from the UK and the owner and staff were superb! Made us so welcome and certainly couldn't have been more helpful with top tips on local places and reservations! Strongly recommended!!

• Stayed: October 2012
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review and hope that the rest of your honeymoon is just super. I am so glad that you enjoyed this part of it and feel privileged that you chose our establishment and were satisfied. Warm regards. James

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 1 night in september. The owner was very hospitable and friendly. The bedroom was so charming with a large and comfortable bed, a sofa and TV and plenty of space. A very relaxing environment. The breakfast room was wonderfully decorated. Very tasty too. Tip: go for dinner at the Tasting Room - if you can get a table

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hi, I am glad that you and your boyfriend stayed with us and had a romantic and enjoyable time. I appreciate the comments, and hope that we can continue on the right track.
Warm regards

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lovely guest house, convenient to the many restaurants in the area. Had a wonderful horse ride from local stable that took in two vineyards for tastings. A big thanks to the owner, James who makes everyone feel welcome, who very kindly arranged riding, dropping us off and picking us up again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. It was lovely to have the two of you stay with us, and by doing the horse and wine trail, see a different and beautiful part of the Franschhoek valley. Taking you there and collecting you really was a pleasure, and not worth calling a taxi for that short duration. Hope you drop by again!
Best regards

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great location, top service and moderately priced. Your host James will do most anything to please you as a valuable guest. Located in a quiet garden a few steps from the mai street in chaming Franschhoek - the best of culure, food and wine just at your doorstep

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Hi, Thank you so much for your time to do a review. Your group were the easiest group to attend to, friendly, outgoing, and appreciative so it made my job really that much easier and more fun. I wish to thank you for your business and I really hope to see you all again.
Kind regards