“Sickly sweet food, bad service, eye-popping decor”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #31 of 82 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Grill
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have never been a fan of this Applebee's, but every once in a while my Mom wants to go there for lunch. After how badly things went the last time we were there, I doubt we will be going back any time soon.

The main problem is that they got my brother's order wrong, and then took forever to correct it. Yes, they didn't charge us for it, but my brother was beyond disgusted when he finally got his correct order long after the other two of us had finished eating.

My mom and I got our orders ok, but that is not saying much. I like to order a good entree salad when I can find one, and Applebee's has a couple appealing-sounding ones on their menu, but when you order them, it's more like eating a dessert than eating an entree. Everything is just dripping with sugar. The meat's glaze is sweet. The dressing is sweet. Half the other things added to the dish are candied-tasting.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

While traveling down route 35 we stopped in Manalapan(?). The service was outstanding and the meal more than met our expectations for a fast foof restaurant. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good fast meal.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I must say, my kids and I have our favorite restuarants. I do not like Applebees, but they do. I have been there quite a few times with the kids and a couple of times for lunch with business associates because of it's location - but really seriously they have never gotten an order right or out timely.

So needed a quick lunch, kids really wanted Applebees and asked me to give them one more chance. So we did curb-side-to go. When we ordered, they read the order back to us 100% correct. Got to the restaurant, got the order from curbside and all should be golden right? Something told me to pull over before I left the parking lot. I did and guess what the order was wrong - AGAIN.

Got out of the car and went in. The sad thing is there were only about 4 tables with people so they weren't that busy. I'm trying to explain, she's trying to tell me how I AM wrong. So after about 5 minutes of dialog they finally decided to fix the order. It took 10 minutes, so you're probably guessing what happened with the rest of the food. It was cold.

Got it home and it didn't even taste very good. What is it about Applebee's in Woodbridge Virginia. Why is it they can't get an order right? After paying $37, I've told the kids - that's it - no more. I'm done.

Too many other better establishments in the area. Chili's has nothing to worry about compared to Applebees

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food is just ok, but the service is better than the food.
They have great ribs, and chicken fingers.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Waited to get in, not bad. The waitress we had was so absent minded we had to tell her several times a piece what we ordered, I had to go to the bar to get our bar items and she brought our (water /tea) drinks nestled in her armpit and handed us our glasses with full palm contact with the top of (drinking part) of the glass.... We waited close to 30 minutes to even order.... We are still waiting for the food (only app's) now. The place was overfilled with screaming babies and loud misic. I don't even need to go any further in this review. Go somewhere else.