“Could be Alot Better”

Applebee's
Ranked #30 of 82 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Grill
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food is just ok, but the service is better than the food.
They have great ribs, and chicken fingers.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Waited to get in, not bad. The waitress we had was so absent minded we had to tell her several times a piece what we ordered, I had to go to the bar to get our bar items and she brought our (water /tea) drinks nestled in her armpit and handed us our glasses with full palm contact with the top of (drinking part) of the glass.... We waited close to 30 minutes to even order.... We are still waiting for the food (only app's) now. The place was overfilled with screaming babies and loud misic. I don't even need to go any further in this review. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We received a gift card for Christmas and used it this weekend. I hadn't been to an Applebee's in years. The Woodbridge location was clean, the food came out fast and was really good. Our waiter could've been more interested but his attitude doesn't reflect on the food or experience at all.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

They have lots of specials going on here and the food is pretty good also.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

If you're satisfied with average service, average food, and no choices, welcome to Applebees. Our server tonight, couldn't manage a timely drink refill if her life depended on it. I ordered my entree, sirloin steak topped with shrimp in parmesean sauce without vegetables, but I got them anyway. Soggy, overcooked, waterlogged "seasonal vegetables." That, of course, is another name for broccoli, zucchini and carrots, lumped together on the side of the plate. And, of course, the ever-popular garlic mashed potatoes. Does anyone other than chain restaurant cooks really think that anyone still cares about garlic mashed potatoes? They ceased being innovative about 10 years ago. Well, I was able to order a baked potato in their place, and it was only slightly overcooked. The steak and shrimp were actually quite nicely prepared, medium to order, but there were so many failings around it to make it almost unnoticeable.

In Applebee's favor, it is one of two restaurants in the Woodbridge Center shopping mall that provides an adequate alternative to fast food while you are out shopping.

I find it amazing that this chain restaurant is singled out by Trip Advisor in Woodbridge, when so many really good restaurants go unmentioned.