“Hidden gem!”

Cuisines: Thai
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Looks like nothing from the outside, fantastic on the inside! The wait staff is very helpful to those of us who are new to Thai food, and help you out with your choices without making you feel uncomfortable. Make sure to get the Mango Chicken & the Green Tea ice cream

Visited January 2012

Whitby, Canada
“Authentic Thai food”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Our friend in Perth Amboy brings us here every time we visit him as it is his favourite restaurant. The menu is quite extensive...not just the typical Phad Thai and salads. On this particular visit we enjoyed the gaeng massaman (sp?), Siam chicken and salmon mie Thai.

It's going to cost more than most Thai restaurants, but definitely worth the price. The servers are so friendly too. Don't forget to bring your own bottle of wine!!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank FlyAtNIght
New York City, New York
“Cute little Thai place”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I heart Thai food. This restaurant is next to the Woodbridge train station in the strip mall/shopping plaza. When you walk in, there is a waiting area with chairs and a one way mirror, then you have to go through another door to enter the dining area. The restaurant is small but very nice. I arrived just in time before lunch ended (3:00pm). I ordered chicken Pad Thai and it comes with a small side salad (don't expect much, a few pieces of iceberg lettuce, one slice of tomato with their signature peanut dressing). You also have to tell them that you don't want any spices if you want it mild. The noodles were cooked properly. I took a Thai cooking class once and they have to soak the noodles in cold water for several hours otherwise the noodles come out too try. I also ordered a hot jasmine green tea. Prices are reasonable, my total came to $10.50. I would definitely come here again.

• Visited September 2011
New Port Richey, Florida
“Love Thai Food, Love Mie Thai”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Great Food! Great Service! Mie Thai has been in Woodbridge for several years, now. I never would have thought that our community would support such a change to the norm, but I was pleasantly surprized. The food is consitently excellent, and the serving staff are very professional. If you're a novice to Thai cuisine, they will be happy to explain any of the dishes, but the menu also has very detailed descriptions. My only complaint would be that your rice options with and entree are white or brown. You must order fried rice separately. Medium spicy is very hot. I've found that ordering my entrees mild provides me with a moderately spicy meal and really lets the subtle under-flavors of the dish come through.

1 Thank Tom B
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place. They now have one in New Brunswick that is very good too.”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Great place. They now have one in New Brunswick that is very good too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook