“Great Hotel for Business or Leisure Travel”

Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stay here often for business and occasionally leisure travel have always been satisfied. Its not the Ritz, but it is convenient, neat, clean and the staff has always been friendly, courteous and helpful. Price is generally good, except when there is a large event in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

David, It is always great to see you! And while we may not be the Ritz, you're right, we always strive to provide 5 star service. Thanks for pointing that out! Thank you for coming back and we're looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Clean lobby and rooms, courteous staff, and very accomodating. I travel very early and I needed a check-in time before 3 pm. I called the day of and asked when my room would be ready. The front desk told me my room was ready for my arrival. I enjoyed my stay and would definately recommend this hotel if you need one in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi Renee, So glad you had a great stay with us. Friendliness and cleanliness are the most important factors in a positive guest experience. Thank you in advance for recommending our hotel to others, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We arrived early evening to chaos at the check-in. Three sets of guests ahead of us were making complaints about their reservations - they'd made them and had booking references but the staff were saying the bookings hadn't come through to their system and that there were no rooms available. Luckily our bookings were eventually found (we were kept waiting quite a while though) and we got to our rooms which were fine but nothing special. There was a leak in the corridor and an incredibly noisy generator was installed late at night, I think to suck up some water.

The bed was big and comfy. The bathroom and other fixtures seem dated.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello, I am so sorry that you walked into a longer wait time than expected. Usually, our check in procedure at the front desk is quick and efficient. On this particular evening, there was a severe thunderstorm which may have inhibited fax and other system transmissions used for 3rd party bookings like Hotels.com, Booking.com, etc. This was what the front desk agent was trying to explain to the guests waiting in line. I'm glad that your reservations were found in the system and I'm also glad that we did not lose power. The leak in the corridor and generator were also due to this storm and I do apologize for any inconveniences that these issues may have caused during your stay. After the winter we have had in New Jersey, one thing you can count on with Mother Nature in the Northeast is that she is always up for a surprise!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel is nice, very good location close to everything. Room service for house keeping was kind of slow. Over all nice hotel, very good breakfast area and food. Swimming pool is nice. The Bed was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm pleased that overall, our great location, free breakfast and indoor pool made your stay a great one! I'm glad that you found your room to be clean and comfy as Hampton always promises, and your feedback regarding housekeeping service has been shared with our Housekeeping Supervisor. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Traveled to this part of NJ on business and spent 4 nights at this hotel. I always enjoy a hotel that has free parking, free wi-fi and breakfast, so I was pleased with this choice. The location is either nice or horrible, depending on what you're looking for. Very convenient to I-95, NYC, the Garden State Parkway and the Jersey Shore. However, if you're looking for a quiet location, this might not be it. The staff was very professional and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for staying with us while on business in the Central NJ area. Staying with us for 4 nights, I surely hope you got to explore the hotel! We are located in the middle of Woodbridge Township on a highway. So while our location near restaurants, shopping and local transportation is ideal, sometimes the traffic situation can be tough. Thank so much for sharing your experience with us, it's our pleasure to make every stay a great stay every time!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Normally over the years I had grown used to overlooking certain items during hotel stays. Not so with this stay. The room and hallways smelled fresh. The carpets were extremely clean, as was the bathroom and the shower. The water was also hot. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items. Everything was available even though we came down to breakfast late.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hey Eugene, I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations! As always, we pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendliness at The Hampton Inn Woodbridge and it's true, Hampton does have a pretty good breakfast, served daily from 6-10am.Thank you very much for sharing your excellent experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's my second stay here, Hampton Inn is simply good enough for one to stay for business. Free high-speed internet WiFi access, coffee available at lobby and room, free hot breakfast, it is just what you want for a business trip. Location is OK, with Walmart, McDonald & Pizzahut at walkable distance. It offers shuttle bus services, including transit to Newart airport (not JFK). One who want to rent a car is as easy as signing a form as Hertz operates its services counter in Hampton. Steak house next to Hampton is just great, no complaints.
N.B. There is construction work since my first visit in Feb, it seems be some other months to go.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hi Andy, Welcome back and thank you for your kind comments! We love our frequent business travelers, it's always a pleasure to see familiar faces. Thank you for noting our great location, in the heart of Woodbridge Township, near restaurants and local transportation. We are pleased to offer great standard amenities for our guests including free wifi, free parking, free breakfast, an indoor pool, gym and of course the Hertz Rental Car desk in our lobby! We are very excited for the addition of Miller' Ale House Restaurant in our front parking lot, and thank you for noting the current construction happening in the front of the hotel for our future guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hampton Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!