“Hampton Inn, Woodbridge, NJ”

Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Attended a family reunion weekend in Scotch Plains with my grandchildren and stayed at the hotel. All of the hotel and guest services staff was attentive and respectful, When possible "went the extra mile". The highlight was the breakfast bar, it catered for every dietary needs and was always well stocked. Room services were wonderful, providing extra towels when needed and the rooms were clean and fresh every day. Staying at the hotel helped to make the family reunion a memorable event and we even added 2 days to our stay because the location was convenient and accessible to the airport and our New York City visit by train. Longhorn Steak house next door made it possible to enjoy a meal out in the evening and during the day lots of other shops to choose from to browse. Will definitely stay here again when visiting New Jersey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pebblecircle
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I'm excited to hear that your stay was so great that you extended two more nights! I bet you wish the reunion party could have been extended through two more nights too! We strive to exceed guest expectations and the pride in our award-winning staff is apparent by the passion they exude when taking care of our guests. I'm glad our staff went above and beyond by supplying extra towels and delivering the attentive and quick service you deserve. I'm glad your group enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. With everything from oatmeal to eggs and sausage, cold cereals and whole fruits, we have a little bit of everything for everyone! I'm thrilled you took the easily accessible train into NYC while staying with us. It would have been a shame to pass up the city being so close! Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your stellar review. We sincerely appreciate the great kudos!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay. The hotel staff was attentive and helpful. My room was clean and fresh everyday. There are stores and restaurants located on the property which was very convenient. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Victoria A
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Victoria, It's easy to deliver great service when we have such pleasant guests like yourself! Our staff always tries our best to exceed expectations through friendliness and cleanliness. I am glad to share your review with our staff, they will be thrilled to know that they made your stay great!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times as it is near our relatives. It has been remodeled beautifully and is new/clean. The Longhorn steak house next door is very convenient and has a door to go right into the hotel. The food there is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We sincerely appreciate your 5 star review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge and thank you for continually staying with us. We love familiarly faces! I'm please to hear that you love our newly renovated space and enjoyed a great dinner at LongHorn's Steakhouse. We love having them so close! We can't wait to see you on your next visit to see your relatives...maybe we can get them in for a staycation in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rooms are older and outdated. The AC units rattled constantly, making a good nights sleep impossible. The carpets in the rooms are pretty dirty. Staying there week after week, it was a crap shoot if I would get a non smoking room that smelled fresh or a non smoking room that smelled like an ashtray.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Anthony, Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on business! Although we are an older hotel property we are in the process of making necessary updates throughout the hotel including renovations to our guestrooms. I appreciate your feedback back regarding our non-smoking rooms. Our housekeeping department does use hypoallergenic deodorizers and ionizers in our guestrooms. If you experience smoke in a non-smoking guestroom please let the front desk know. The agents can try to move your room based on availability or have someone re-clean/ionize the room to alleviate any scent. Thank you for your review, we're looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stay in a lot of Hamptons because of the clean bedding, cleanness, and the free breakfast but this Hampton was a step above the rest. Super clean, super nice, and super friendly staff. I would totally stay here again.

Room Tip: If you book more than one room, call after you make the reservation and they'll pre-assign the r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Susan, We're so glad to hear that your family enjoyed a great stay with us. It's our pleasure to provide friendliness and cleanliness with complimentary breakfast and over the top service. Thank you for leaving a tip about preassigned rooms for our future guests. That will be a great help for other families. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor with our other satisfied guests, we sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member, I spend many nights in Hilton properties, and this was by far the worst property I have ever stayed in. If you do not shop Hilton brand, the Marriot Residence Inn down the street is a much better value. Cleaner and friendlier. If you shop Hilton, there are additional Hilton properties within 30 mins that may be a better choice. Avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Robert, I am so sorry that your most recent Hampton experience was not what you anticipated. We would hate to lose you as a guest and would love the chance to rectify the situation. Please share your specific comments about your stay with Daisy, our General Manager at daisy.velez@hilton.com. We will be more than happy to make things right and do the right thing. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked and paid for three rooms. One for me and one for each of my two accompanying employees. I only got Hilton honors credit for my room because I failed to put all rooms in my name. I have since canceled my membership in Hilton Honors.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

John, We sincerely appreciate your business and your feedback in this review. I'm concerned to hear that you have canceled your Hilton Honors membership. For future reference, there is a way to get points for up to three rooms staying on the same date. When you make the three reservations under your name with your Hilton Honors number, we can adjust the guest's name upon arrival, but that reservation will still have your Hilton Honors number on it. All we really need is the Hilton Rewards Number. I do hope that you re-enroll in the Hilton Honors Program because Hilton does have one of the best rewards programs around.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin

Been to Hampton Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!