“Great Value”

Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked a block of rooms for our High School Reunion and could not have been more pleased with our choice. The rooms were spacious and clean, the beds were quite comfortable and the large refrigerator and microwave came in handy for those late-night snacks. A big plus was being able to meet our classmates each morning over a cup of coffee in the lobby or even share a complimentary breakfast with them. Also, the large meeting room would have been a perfect venue for our reunion had we known about it beforehand. Within the same building is a Longhorn Steakhouse and Dunkin' Donuts and for all your other needs, there is a Walmart directly behind the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HamptonInnPV, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge. We are glad that your group had a clean and comfortable Hampton Experience. Please keep us in mind for your next reunion or social event, we'd love to have you again!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed in room 408. Two queens, microwave, & fridge. Bed looked lumpy (was just comforter that was lumpy), and bed was hard. The ceiling in the room had obvious cracks, and quite extensive water damage in bathroom ceiling. When the room above you used there sink it sounded like it was leaking into our sink due to the exposed piping. Sink counter was dirty, and there was some mold in the bathroom floor corners. Received the bereavement rate (was there for a funeral) and they gave us a room with a graveyard view. When we went to open the closet (huge mirror with handle) it fell on my boyfriend. No doubt if it was me I would have been hurt. Tv had a dent in it like the remote had been thrown at it. Good channel selections and hd. Breakfast was okay, many options but oatmeal was watered down and everything seemed old. Juice and coffee was fresh. Overall I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask how far you will be from elevators
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, we always appreciate customer feedback. We are sorry that you found our Hampton Bed Experience too firm, and that you noticed, mold, some cracks, and water damage on the ceiling. I will pass on these important notes to our General Manager, Executive Housekeeper, and Chief Engineer as well as the other inconveniences you experienced. I sincerely apologize for the stay you experienced while staying with us in a time of need.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Husband had a seminar to attend at the hotel so I tagged along. Have a cocktail hour with wine and beer some munchies at 5 pm and that was nice. Bkfast is good, was the same both mornings but good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Gave me a 2 pm check out when I requested it but cleaning staff didn't seem to get the message. Knocked on my door 4 times!! LOL. Only complaint I would have is that the pool area was VERY warm and humid so that on a hot day I was not enticed to go swimming. I just pulled a chaise out on the patio, sat and read my book. For me it was a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while your husband was on business. We're glad that you enjoyed our Manager's Reception held every Monday through Thursday in the lobby. I'm sorry that housekeeping disturbed you and that the pool was a little humid. It is a heated pool, so sometimes it can get a little stuffy in the summer. The outdoor patio is a nice quiet spot to relax, and I'm glad you were able to find relief out there!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

After reading some negative reviews about this property, I had some second thoughts.
Checking in was good, easy & quick . Women at the desk were very friendly and polite, very imformative. The room was a good size, bigger than the average hotel room. Equipped with a fridge, microwave, flat screen TV w/ DirecTV Cable... majority of hotels offer a limit on channels available, Hampton Inn Woodbridge had ALL channels available!! Room was clean and tidy, bathroom was pretty big in size as well...and clean (most important!!)

There is complimentary breakfast in the morning, full hot & cold items availble - juices, cereals, oatmeal, bread, bagels, muffins & pastries, bacon, sausages, eggs, waffle & omelette bars, etcetcetc. Free coffee, tea & hot chocolate offered all day, all night. There is also a small shop in the lobby that sells drinks, snacks, ice cream and some microwavable food... Also plenty of menus available if you would like some food delivered or, there is a Walmart, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, and some pub within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle for the guests...tip the drivers, they will definitely return great service!! The property also has a gym, pool & 24hr business centre available... Great location & service, big & clean rooms, great amentities.... will definitely come back!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JasminNicole
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Hello JasminNicole, Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Woodbridge for your family's stay and thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed all of our new channels of Direct TV, Complimentary On the House Breakfast, the sweet shoppe, and our convenient location to area restaurants and malls. We hope that you visit us again soon to take advantage of all the amenities the Hampton Inn Woodbridge has to offer!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Checking in went well, although once we got our luggage to our room, our room keys werent' working any more. I had to have mine redone about 3 times that night but the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool is great. The bed was nice and firm, good size room, and great shower, (room # 123). They have a good bussiness centre too. Breakfast is good, lots of variety and is included in the room price. We had a small inccident at night, due to a computer glitch, our room got rented out to some one else a 12.30 am. It kind of scared us and disturbed our sleep. But the next morning the Manager came and treated us exceptional. The Hotel is clean, friendly staff, adn Great Management. Location is good if you like shopping at the Woodbridge Centre Mall. And its less then an hour from the Newark International Airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dutchie48, Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge. I'm sorry about the issues with your room keys, sometimes they will deactivate when they are near large magnets or electronics, but I am happy that the staff was accommodating in reprogramming them for you. Thank you for mentioning our Hampton Inn Bed Experience, On the House Breakfast, and other great amenities! I'm am relieved that Management took care of the situation when the front desk double booked your room because of a computer issue. We understand and are sorry to have scared you and disturbed your sleep. We look forward to your next uninterrupted stay with our exceptional Management and Staff.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Staff was friendly and the breakfast area was open. Pool was bonus for this hotel. Liked the digital temperature control, again not alwasy standard in this tier of hotel or hamptons in general. Not easiest to get to off the turnpike or to get back on...at least for me. Downsides were bed wasn't very comfortable and tub didn't drain very fast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay at The Hampton Inn Woodbridge. We're a happy that you enjoyed our On the House Breakfast Buffet as well as our Indoor Pool with digital temperature control! I am sorry to hear that our beds were not comfortable for you, but I hope that you slept well nonetheless. We completely understand your difficulty navigating the off ramp of the NJ Turnpike. I've heard New Jersey referred to as U-Turnsey in some cases! Best of luck with all your travels, we hope to see you again soon. - Teresa Nymick, Social Media Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We've spent several overnights here in the past few years and have always had a great experience. Although we live locally, we've stayed here while our home was being remodeled and for special date nights. The staff has always been gracious and helpful and the rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Contintnetal breakfast is provided every morning.

I haven't seen it mentioned previously so let me add that there is a Longhorn Steakhouse attached to the hotel for lunch, dinner or just to have a few cocktails. Additionally, there is a sports bar across the parking lot as well as a Dunkin Donuts and Pizza Hut, with a Walmart and a few other stores in an adjacent strip mall, all within a short walking distance. Since this hotel is located on the very busy Rt. 9 N, you really can't walk anywhere else safely, but there are two large shopping malls (Woodbridge Center & Menlo Park) and several other shopping centers nearby should you choose to make a short drive. Based on my experiences here, I recommend the Hampton Inn and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth R
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Beth R., We are so glad that you have stayed with us multiple times and have had a great experience during each stay. Thank you for mentioning our On the House Breakfast Buffet served daily as well as the local eateries and businesses located so close to us! We are very appreciative of your kind comments and look forward to your next date night!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin
Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Hampton Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!