“Bad night”

Il Castello
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Highland Mills, New York
“Bad night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here nearly a dozen times, usually great food and service at steep prices. This past Friday the food was on par with past visits but the service was poor, our waiter complained about several parties that we're going on, wasn't willing to dress the table with appetizers, said everyone order what they want.. No time. Will give another shot based on our past experiences, and that's why I gave this 1-2 star night a 3..

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kevin B

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“A gem in central NJ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

While this was my first visit to Il Castello's, the two men I had lunch with have been there often. My meal was delicious and ample. I had the veal Milanese, and was very happy with the dish's presentation and its taste. The rest of my party was equally happy with their meal.

The décor is understated and relaxing, and the ambiance adds to the overall dining experience. The service was prompt and courteous, on the ball but not in your face. I know that we will be returning to Il Castello's for future lunch meetings.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank johnbayeux
Sarasota, Florida
“OVERRATED ITALIAN RESTAURANT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was taken by my sister's friend on a Saturday night and had the gnocchi with Bolognese meat sauce which was very good, but the price was too high for what portion was given. The menu was hard to interpret and the service was good. I would not want to go back if I was asked. It is an overrated restaurant to me. I was disappointed with my experience.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank JerseyPhil1950
New Jersey
“A Jewel In Woodbridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Il Castello is a jewel in downtown Woodbridge. Besides having its own parking lot, the ambiance is warm and inviting whether you're there for lunch or dinner. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive to your needs. The food is delicious!

I've been here on several occassions and have never been disappointed. The're fish is always fresh (their tuna is sushi quality) and deicious. Their pasta and meat dishes are equally as good.

It's a great place for a business lunch, romantic evening, celebration or just a lovely place for excellent food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank G R
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
“Beautiful restaurant. Disappointing food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

When you enter this restaurant, the interior is lovely with white tablecloths and tux clad waiters. Our waiter read a huge list of daily specials which would have been easier to follow if written down for the customers to read and ponder. After about the fifth choice I simply lost track of the choices. We shared a plate of calamari which were fine followed by a bowl of potato leek soup which was not really hot, nor flavorful. The choice of a cup of soup would have sufficed. We also ordered the scallops with risotto which were also bland. The waiters were not particularly friendly and the food was really quite pricey for being quite average.

• Visited August 2013