“Fantastic!!!!”

Surrender Cafe
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We have great Home Made Puerto Rican and American food. Great service and atmosphere. Private parking, Delivery, To go, Kids friendly, BYOB.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was my first time at Surrender Cafe. I was in the mood for some authentic puerto rican food and did a search on the internet. I was also looking for a place close to home. I kept seeing Surrender Cafe and the great reviews everyone was giving them. So I decided to try it and to my surprise people were not making it up, this place is fantastic!! the food is so delicious I had the flank steak with white rice and black beans with the tostones and my husband and son had the pernill with the rice and chick peas and we got a side of juca and omg... Don't take my word for it. You have to go and try it yourself. I have had some real good puerto rican food before but this was great!! staff was really nice and inviting as well.

There are newer reviews for Surrender Cafe

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We LOVE Surrender Café. Authentic puerto rican food.
The Pernil is amazing (although I wish you got chichaarone(sp) with it), the yucca is the best I've ever had. We eat here several times a month. We order take out and also eat in.
Casual atmosphere and friendly service.
I wish the atmosphere was better for nights out. Some better lighting and curtains would help.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

First time my wife ordered take out food from Surrender Cafe and it was delicious! Came back again to dine in and another great experience! Love the platanos! If your looking for some good Latin food and want to escape the norm of the routine diner, this is the place.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food at this gem is deliciously authentic and the ambience is like a traditional Mom&Pop-hometown-diner with an informal Caribbean vibe where the staff is warm and friendly (fluent in English and Spanish). Their Spanish food is the BEST IN CENTRAL JERSEY. I have traveled up-and-down the state and even ventured to NYC trying all sorts of "highly recommended" Latin restaurants and these folks are the real-deal. I have been here many times and have never been dissapointed. Their red beans are the absolute best. I love their Banana boats which are essentially a sweet plantain sliced lengthwise and stuffed with ground meat and cheese (canoas rellenas). I always order fried green or sweet plantains (tostones or maduros). The white rice is fluffy and moist (not sticky) and the yellow rice with peas is very good as well as their mofonguitos (smashed green plaintain balls seasoned with garlic and served with a "ketchupy" dunking sauce). The pork shoulder (pernil) is excellent. They also make a good burrito and serve traditional American dishes as well. I do enjoy their cheese steak sandwich (but I add a Malta and platanos fritos to my order). I know the name is odd Surrender (?) Cafe but you will be sooo glad you discovered them....

2  Thank CeceAndCompany
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place was recommended to me on another forum, and I wasnt sure what to expect. It was really very good, very reasonable, just a good place with good food. I had been told that sometimes language might be an issue but when we were there, the server was perfectly fluent in English and had no issues at all. We went early on a Sunday for dinner and the place was pretty empty. I hear later on in the day it gets crowded and maybe service is a bit slower, but it was fine. The portions were quite "healthy" and again everything was quite tasty. Skirt steak, and all the sides were great

1  Thank moiinnj