“Did not meet expectations and displayed any attitude of not caring and inability to solve basic problem”

Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I booked a NON SMOKING room essentially because my wife is recovering from throat cancer. In fact, I prepaid the entire stay and was guaranteed a NON SMOKING ROOM. On checking into the hotel, I explained to the front desk representative that my room was filled with smoke and I could not sleep there - that my wife is recovering from throat cancer and to sleep in a smoking room could exacerbate her recovery. I was advised that all of the rooms that are available are for guests who have not arrived and are expecting the room they guaranteed, and that there is nothing they could do for me until tomorrow. I guess the guests that had not arrived had a higher priority in his mind than me and my "problem" was mine to solve.

This is extremely disappointing and in the second instance, did not meet my expectations. It seemed quite practical for a solutions oriented hotel to fix this problem by assigning me a room that I paid for. It could be that guests who had not yet arrived could face the same condition that I was now facing, particularly as the representative advised me that he would/could not disappoint a guest who was scheduled to arrive. Does this make sense? Would this meet your expectations?

Adrian A. Cargill

Room Tip: Don't stay here and expect your problem to be solved! You could receive a smoking room simply be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Algernon C

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very nice. The rooms are clean, the coffee is great and the staff are very helpful. Especially Negest, Mgr., and Dariana. I always had fresh towels and cleaning service whenever needed. Located right off the Garden State Pkwy, it's perfect for commuting or taking a quick trip to NYC. Also located within walking distance is the Wal-Mart shopping center, Long Horns, Pizza Hut, Replay Bar/Grill, Wawa Gas/Convenient store...AND, Wawa's ATM has no service charge/fee for all transactions. I didn't think I'd ever see a no-service-fee ATM in this day and age. Excellent.

I most certainly would recommend my friends and family to stay here when in this area of New Jersey.

DwayneM.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

the beds are not very comfortable at all some have blankets under the sheets to make them softer it doesnt work .... the tv chanels are very limited only 22 and alot are the same chanels 6 espn 3 showtimes.... make sure you stay on the first floor drama on the other floors... I was on the second floor first and could hear everthing up stairs and in the hallway fights,arguing,running and yelling so i moved to the first floor and had no issues..... I stayed for 3-1/2 months

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mxzToledo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a very good experience. I stayes for more than 10 days. During Saturday Sundays i enjoyed the baseball games in Fords ground from my room's window. I has a pleasant and refreshing walk in the groud. The room odor was nice, with the spring season it was even better. The staff was very helpful and responsive. The small chit chats with help desk while returing from office kept me smiling on my way to room. John and Marianda were great...

Thanks you for the home away home expereince. Keep it up......

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place in Woodbridge. It is very close to the turnpike and the Garden State Parkway, but in a nice, quiet location. It is close to several places to eat, gas, and a grocery store.The staff was very nice and helpful and the room was clean and had everything I needed. The only thing that I didn't like was that I could hear the people above me walking around it was pretty noisy at times, usually I can't hear so much noise from another room at a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Woodbridge, NJ. It's always...

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We had the best experience at this place. John was wonderful! We hate to leave home without our fur kids , and this place commanded us, they loved this place! Thank you for taking care of us. We will defiantly be back! Kudos to the owners and John our front desk person!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an informative review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize that you encountered some difficulties during your stay, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We will use your feedback to better ensure our guests have a Great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I stayed at an Extended Stay. To be honest I haven't even heard of this chain before. I asked the receptionist if he can show us a room and he ended up showing us THREE. John was great and convinced us to trust in the service, and amenities. Thanks to him, we now know that Extended Stay America exists and the staff is excellent. As a suggestion, water bottles for the guest would be convenient and it;s much more healthier than popcorn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Hampton Inn Woodbridge
Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Courtyard Edison Woodbridge
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!