“Just can't win at this place”

Mulberry Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulberry Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is my 3rd time there - I came back because my neighbor loves the filet mignon there. The prices are ridiculous for what they offer - nothing fancy. I ordered the Veal with bruschetta - I got 3 slices of crispy veal (ridiculously overcooked) with a bunch of tomatoes all over it for $20.99??? That is all it came with. I ate it all anyway because I was hungry, but should have complained. The only reason I didn't is because I had a bad experience the very last time I was there when I ordered the risotto and felt like I was being a pain (the risotto was soupy and even the waitress commented that it was sent back by others at that time). This is my 3rd and hopefully last time there. First time was okay, nothing to brag about. Service was not bad, atmosphere is nice, but the waitress was annoying after I advised that even though I ate it anyway, that it was awful. She stood there smugly saying she loved that dish - its her favorite and in fact she loves every single dish ont he menu. Yeah, whatever. My husband fully agreed (and he seldom agrees with me on anything) that the veal totally sucked. Oh well - no wonder it was so quiet on a Friday. Filet mignon was good though.That was what my husband had also.

4  Thank TrippingAround98

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Back for the third time. On a Friday night the experience was much different than the two times we came on Saturday. Restaurant was not even half full (maybe 5 tables) whereas on the two Saturddays they were packed. Our waitress was not too good, which also didn't help the experience. Food this time was just adequate, Sorry to say, I do not plan to return for a long time. Time to try some other recommendations.

3  Thank ladydeexyz011
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I ordered chicken, and it was still raw inside, when it was served.
I was not impressed with this restaurant, and thought many
improvements can be made, to make this place a success.

1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant that is currently serving the best Italian in Woodbridge -- don't let anyone tell you different! It's classic yet refined and slightly modernized, and always delicious. I've never had a bad meal here, and to me, it's the best restaurant in Woodbridge proper. And it's nice that the chef/owner is almost always on site overseeing things, so you know it wasn't just handed to some employee. They care about their customers, and it shows. Oh -- I always come home with leftovers, and for me, that's rare; the portions are HUGE and oh-so-good the next day. ;)

Reviewed March 31, 2012

In central jersey this was a midway point to meet friends. Think this is an old house that the walls must have been knocked down inside. Nice little bar while you wait with very good martinis. Food was quite good for all, chopped salad, fish, sausage and pasta. ...nice portions and everyone too full to sample dessert. Plus the chef even came out to say hello. Very nice casual evening. We will be back