“Awesome home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
Blue Haze Country Lodge
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Thank you for a lovely stay. Staff are always friendly and helpful, the food to die for. Rooms very comply! We will be back. I would recommend a stay here to any one traveling be it for business or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Blue Haze Country Lodge

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife & I stayed here foe a weekend. The first thing you will be struck by is, the beautiful view of the lake. Let me assure you that you will not get better value for money anywhere. You are getting the very very best for a fraction of what you would imagine it costs! The rooms are spacious & most have simply stunning views. The staff are attentive & nothing is too much trouble. We will be going back, & certainly recommend The Blue Haze to one & all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitch G
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Blue Haze Country Lodge is very warm & welcoming right from when you drive in and see the horses. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the on-site restaurant serves delicious meals and the pub has a charm of it's own. There is a lot to do in the area as it is on the foothills of the Drakensberg and it overlooks the Wagondrift Dam. The owners are hands on and the staff go all out to ensure your happy stay - I would recommend this lodge to any traveller!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was on a solo road trip, tired and it was getting dark. I googled nearest towns and after making a phone call I managed to get a room. Thank You Lord for grace, I was given a family deluxe unit for the standard room price. Room 5 has a teaser view of the Wagendrift Dam, lounge, dining, kitchen, 2 single beds room and a double bedroom.

I woke up to a gorgeous misty morning overlooking Wagendrift Dam. Horses and chickens giving it a very homey and country feel. Fresh crisp clean air, the overcast cloudy weather added to the beauty. There is a curio shop, pub, stables and a restaurant on the property.

Thank you Roger for putting my map away, giving me suggestions to visit Giants Castles and Loskop, Winterton. Great host, full of laughter and great insight.

Regards Nombie - solo traveller from Johannesburg

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night because our friends had chosen this lodge. The room had dirty carpets, a filthy couch, the bathroom door did not close, the room smelled bad and was definitely not up to the luxury standard it was supposed to be. The staff was friendly enough and the view of the dam was lovely and it would not cost much to fix things. The breakfast was okay but the toast was soft and not fresh, but the coffee was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trontron2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited this establishment on route to St Lucia. We booked a deluxe suite but was truly disappointed when the accommodation allocated to us could have been mistaken for maybe 2 star! Although the bedding and interior was clean it was definitely NOT executive deluxe.The positive side that made our stay a bit more pleasant was the spectacular views, excellent restaurant and food and the friendly staff. sorry but not a pleasant experience. I think that the establishment should either revise their rates or upgrade their rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hi There

We recently attended a function in Escourt KZN and had found Blue Haze in the midst of JHB and Durban, The ambiance and tranquil settings reminded me of my time spent in Port St Johns, this beautifully quite and peaceful place is surrounded by great views of the Drakensberg mountains and a just a doorstep away to natures splendour. My wife Ferzana and my daughter Malaika enjoyed beautiful sundowners on both days with Sunny Rays shadowing the Dam that Blue Haze overlooks, I must commend the buildings and interior of each dwelling which is maintained very well indeed and always neat. We had access to many services that one would normally not have access to. Amongst all, the visits by Shetland and normal ponies to your doorstep leaves one engulfed in the enjoyment of nature at its best. The Food is great and the Venue provides Halaal Friendly edibles as well. There is a Kiosk on the premises and very, very friendly staff that make your stay as pleasant as possible. My memoir will always capture the tranquility in my photographic memory Thank you Blue Haze we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Always choose rooms overlooking the Dam and Mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
The Nest Hotel
The Nest Hotel
#3 of 5 in Winterton
Montusi Mountain Lodge
Montusi Mountain Lodge
#1 of 6 in uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Cathkin Cottage Bed and Breakfas...
#1 of 2 in uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park

Been to Blue Haze Country Lodge? Share your experiences!