“Chill beachside accom”

Island Vibe Jeffrey's Bay
Brisbane, Australia
“Chill beachside accom”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in Dec, and I wish I could've stayed longer! I was in a room with an ensuite in the beach house which pretty decent and clean. Fantastic location, loved being able to wake up to the beach right outside my window!

Apparently the beach is unsafe at night, but there was always a great vibe at the bar we didn't feel the need to go out anyway. They threw a tribal party while we were there.

The service wasn't the best (I think one of our group had his laundry lost) but the staff were friendly and had the craziest party stamina.

Overall, Island VIbe really made my Jbay experience and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: It'd be silly not to request a room with beach views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This backpackers is in such an awesome location on a perch overlooking the ocean. Great surfing lessons, free day trips - I did one through the local township which was fantastic! Interesting and the guy from the hostel was great. Staff are all good, a very fun bar (too much fun) but the surf will wake you up in the morning. You can hear the waves from your room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2013

From the minute we walked into the bar/restaurant area, we felt welcomed. This place is absolutely beautiful and on top of it, super friendly. The rooms are fine- dorm-style but quiet when I was there at least. There seems to be a party most nights. It's huge- they can accomodate up to 150 people/night but it doesn't seem that big. There are daily surf lessons and food every night (it was decent- worth the $ but not the best food I've had at a backpackers.) Still, you've got to stay here if you're in J-Bay!

Room Tip: the place is huge and they accomodate people right in the main lodge but also in the neighborhood- i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I almost spent one week in island vibe. My stay was very nice, the staff is more than helpful and very friendly they are available for chats and really care about their guests. Every day there are different activities if you'd like to do something or also possible hanging out at the lovely area of island vibe or walk to the beach (1 min. walk only!) or also socialize with young and nice international travellers.
Surfing, Sandboarding, walking tours, drives to a waterfall and more are offered.
Definitely recommend island vibe!

• Stayed February 2013
Gramado, RS
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great view from Indian Ocean and JB, top of the hill.. Such a nice place with good people and good vibes!! Just a few steps from downtown hotspots. I've been there in March, 2011, nice staff, good breakfast, good music at the night bar. You can meet nice people here!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in island vibe for one night only, whilst travelling south Africas garden route, i wish id of stayed longer but i was with a group and we were doing a different place every day.

I stayed in a total of 5 backpackers whilst in africa and by far island vibe was my favourite...

The veiw from the place is amazing, overlooking the beach, literally footsteps away.
The food there was great, also breakfast i was suprised at the choice, from a cooked breakfast to musli with yog & honey, so yummy!! :)
Its literally also a 10minute walk if that from the shops, bilabong store, gorgeous mexican reasturant and other souviner shops.

The bar are on a night was preety busy when i was there, everyone was friendly, they also had a fire breather outside doing a show!! the drinks were reasonably priced, R13 for a savanha dry cider and cocktails were around R20 Alot cheaper than cape town!!
I shared a room with 4 other people i was travelling with, the beds were comftable, we also had a bathroom attached to our room which is a bonus with some backpackers, although i know the other side of the building dosent have a bathroom attached.

We also had a surfing lesson whilst there, for 2 hours and it was my first time sufing Ever! and i stood up on my board and caught a wave by the end of the lesson, we all did! he was a brilliant teacher who does the surf school through island vibe. none of that hour practising on the sand! lol
So id also reccomend that and they take photos of you so you can buy them after your lesson, very good quality!
id 100% reccomend this place, It has a sufer vibe to it, with the surfing posters on the wall and surf boards, i felt very surfer chic after id had my one lesson lol, and i also felt safe the whole time i was there.

Im going to try and do reveiws on every where and stayed and everything i did so please check out my other reveiws! Hope this helps :) x

Room Tip: if you dont want to be up with the party all night try and get a room closer to the reception, but i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Surfers paradise

This hostel is literally on the beach! We were going to stay here for one day but we ended up staying for 3 days. I never had surfed before but I took surfing classes and I have to confess I was amazed by this sport!
I was sleeping in a dorm and although the confortable wasn't that good all the rest was terrific. The view was utterly, truly amazing and the vibes in the hostel were fantastic. Please if you do a backpacker trip Johannesburg-cape town stop in Jeffrey's bay and stay in this hostel! I promise you you'll be very happy with your choice! Don't lose time in porth Elisabeth just do it and feel the surf vibes!
Our tour took us 15 days and we did

#6 of 27 in Jeffreys Bay
FunkyTown
FunkyTown
#2 of 27 in Jeffreys Bay

Been to Island Vibe Jeffrey's Bay? Share your experiences!