“My Favourite backpackers!”

Island Vibe Jeffrey's Bay
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed in island vibe for one night only, whilst travelling south Africas garden route, i wish id of stayed longer but i was with a group and we were doing a different place every day.

I stayed in a total of 5 backpackers whilst in africa and by far island vibe was my favourite...

The veiw from the place is amazing, overlooking the beach, literally footsteps away.
The food there was great, also breakfast i was suprised at the choice, from a cooked breakfast to musli with yog & honey, so yummy!! :)
Its literally also a 10minute walk if that from the shops, bilabong store, gorgeous mexican reasturant and other souviner shops.

The bar are on a night was preety busy when i was there, everyone was friendly, they also had a fire breather outside doing a show!! the drinks were reasonably priced, R13 for a savanha dry cider and cocktails were around R20 Alot cheaper than cape town!!
I shared a room with 4 other people i was travelling with, the beds were comftable, we also had a bathroom attached to our room which is a bonus with some backpackers, although i know the other side of the building dosent have a bathroom attached.

We also had a surfing lesson whilst there, for 2 hours and it was my first time sufing Ever! and i stood up on my board and caught a wave by the end of the lesson, we all did! he was a brilliant teacher who does the surf school through island vibe. none of that hour practising on the sand! lol
So id also reccomend that and they take photos of you so you can buy them after your lesson, very good quality!
id 100% reccomend this place, It has a sufer vibe to it, with the surfing posters on the wall and surf boards, i felt very surfer chic after id had my one lesson lol, and i also felt safe the whole time i was there.

Im going to try and do reveiws on every where and stayed and everything i did so please check out my other reveiws! Hope this helps :) x

Room Tip: if you dont want to be up with the party all night try and get a room closer to the reception, but i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Surfers paradise

This hostel is literally on the beach! We were going to stay here for one day but we ended up staying for 3 days. I never had surfed before but I took surfing classes and I have to confess I was amazed by this sport!
I was sleeping in a dorm and although the confortable wasn't that good all the rest was terrific. The view was utterly, truly amazing and the vibes in the hostel were fantastic. Please if you do a backpacker trip Johannesburg-cape town stop in Jeffrey's bay and stay in this hostel! I promise you you'll be very happy with your choice! Don't lose time in porth Elisabeth just do it and feel the surf vibes!
Our tour took us 15 days and we did
Stellebosh
Cape Town

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This backpacker is well known from surfers. Camping is a nice option if you fancy it. If you want a double bedroom, you 'll probably get a room in the other house, a lot less interesting so, you may want to think about it. However, if you're a group the other house is a nice option as you'll get to have your own space: own garden with barbecue, own living room, kitchen... But all the fun really takes place in the actual backpacker, at a very short distance. They also organise trips for you. You can take surf and sandboarding classes. It's a great place for young people !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hard Rock Backpackers messed up our booking and we lucked out with Island Vibe. We had a great double room with a veranda overlooking the ocean. The common kitchen was huge and the barbecue area was perfect for a small party. Staff were friendly and helpful, shuffling some rooms around so we could stay an extra night. Secluded setting at the end of the beach was just right.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed there over the New Year's period so I'm sure people were feeling more festive then usual - but it was a great experience. The vibe was so happy and everyone was there to have a good time. Suited in a somewhat sketchy area, but I never felt unsafe, and the sea is meters away from your room. Don't expect a quiet night's though! Recommended.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Xmas backpacking alone through South Africa, stayed 7 nights at Island Vibe to surf, loved every moment!

The staffs were incredible, accommodating and welcoming from the moment I stepped in. I got to know them in no time. The amazing people passing through were friendly with a mix bunch of international hi-fives! The mexican chilli beef pizza and the pancakes are to die for. The board rentals are great and have variety to suit all. Clean rooms & communal areas every day. Showers are hot & strong water pressure. Very secure with night staffs on patrol.

Fluorescent waves under a full moon night serended by the acoustic guitar, whales & dolphin spotting, great music bands, perfect summer waves.... I have just acquired a second home! Thankx

Room Tip: If you like the sound of waves waking you up every morning, go for the dorms facing the beach :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Absolutely love Island Vibe, and stay there as often as I can! The vibe is great, its in the ideal location, the staff are friendly and the views are spectacular! Its great value, and you'll make lasting friendships with the awesome people passing through here. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends