“42 Miles of Hiking Trails”

Belleplain State Forest
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Woodbine
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was surprised to learn that Belleplain has 42 miles of trails and only minutes from my door. There is a great Nature Trail (1 mile) that has signs identifying plants and trees. Lake Nummy has plenty of benches on which to sit and enjoy the view. The trails are clearly marked but check the trail map as some lead out to the main road in which case you have to make your way back into the forest. Belleplain, from what I've read, has the most diverse plants/trees in all of the state parks in NJ. The only reason why I only gave it four stars is because it doesn't have the vistas a hiller or more mountainous park would have.

1  Thank thepetalpusher

Reviewed July 2, 2009

We had a really fun time, and the fishing was great!

4  Thank hshannahcat