“Good for the price”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Williamstown
New Jersey
“Good for the price”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed for an overnight at Rowan University, easy to get to and from college.

Pretty standard room, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMBW31061, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 856-340-7900.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Asst. General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Monroe Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Buckingham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in May that was right down the road from the hotel. I don't known if it was recently remodeled, but it smelled new! The lobby was small but very clean. Our room was nicely decorated and again, very clean! The beds were very comfortable. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely go back if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this best western 06/15/2012 we enjoyed our stay there , the room was beautiful and clean and we are defiantly staying there again , when we come back to new jersey for a visit .

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jojoanie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time write a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Asst. General Manager
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Being frequent customers of Best Western, we were surprised at this one. It was average, not above average, like most Best Westerns. In our room, there was lots of dust on the lamps (more than one night's worth--we don't enjoy turning on lights and seeing all the dust fly). This was a surprise to us, as most BWs are very clean. We were not crazy about the neighborhood, and there didn't seem to be any decent restaurants nearby, unless you want fast food. For the price paid for the room, it just wasn't worth it.

We tried to contact this property repeatedly before arriving, but there was not any answer on their local phone no., and we had to go through central reservations for BW. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was very nice and efficient, though.

The mattress pad was extremely hard and almost "starched," which didn't make the bed real comfortable.

We stayed here because we were flying out of Philly airport the next morning, which turned out to be a long journey to the airport. We probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
shyman50, Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thanking you,

Best Western Plus Monroe Inn & Suites
Bound Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western 3/22/12. I was just so pleased with the hotel. The woman that was at the front desk was so pleasant and efficient. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was plesant and efficient. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. I will probably be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
shyman50, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Manchester Township, New Jersey
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the BestWestern, on December 9th. It was so easy to get to and when we arrived, we were welcomed by a lovely woman at the front counter, sorry I didn't get her name. It just seemed that as soon as we arrived to check-in, so did a few others. The woman handled each of us in a timely manner and with complete professionalism. We asked for a few special items for our room when we booked and she made sure that they were in our room when we arrived.
Our room was very spacious and perfect for us to have a relaxing evening. The bathroom was very clean and beautiful, I could not wait to jump into the tub, once I pulled back the shower curtin and saw how georgous it was. We did not order the room with the larger tub, but found that this one was just the right size and our long legs fit into it perfectly.
We enjoyed our evening visiting a few area places and when we arrived back it was after midnight. The snack machines were equipped with a few light evening snacks. Our room was so comfortable that we actually work up later than our usual, this was a first for us.

The heating and fan for the room was right on target, it was a cold evening and didn't take long for us to warm up (I had forgotten to turn it on before we stapped out).
We will keep this location on our favorite places to stay and will use then every time we are in the area.
They had an indoor, heated pool, with fitness center. We didn't bring our suits, bt we did make sure to go in to view the area. It looked well maintained, clean and a large amount of towels stacked for use. The fitness center was small, but the perfect size for this hotel.
If you are looking for a small get-a-way, this is the place.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the Back Horse Pike but never heard any traffic, any room would be great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
shyman50, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Williamstown Nj 08094
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Due to a death in my immediate family, we booked a room here online, as the funeral started earlier the following morning not far from the hotel location. My mother and sister drove with two children under the age of 3 all the way from Florida, picked me up in Maryland, and then we finally made our destination here. After many hours in the car, and two crying children who were hungry and exhausted, we were extremely happy to pull up to the hotel.

As the room was in my name, I asked my family to wait in the car so that I could check in. I walked up to the door, passing what I now know was the front desk person, outside smoking a cigarette. As I passed her to walk inside, she asked if she could help me. I told her that I was there to check in, and had a reservation. She looked at her cigarette, which apparently she just lit, gave a huge sigh of discontent, and said "Can you wait for me to finish this?" I was completely shocked. I looked back at the car, where my family was waiting, and said "I'd really rather not". She literally threw her hands in the air, threw the cigarette down, and stormed inside, not holding the door for me as I walked in behind her.

I have never in my life been treated so badly by someone for asking them to do their job. Once I got checked in, she must have felt bad, because she came back outside (to finish her cigarette) and was being extremely nice to me and my family as we unloaded the car-commenting on how cute the kids were and asking us where we were from, etc. I still couldn't shake how angry I was at how I was initially treated, especially considering the circumstances of our stay there. Had we not been so exhausted, I would have absolutely cancelled my reservation and gone somewhere else.

The rest of the stay was decent. The room was clean, and well stocked. In the morning, we had much friendlier staff, and the breakfast was also good. We knew it was continental, so we didn't expect much, but it worked well for us.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank deevamf
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Williamstown NJ 08094
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 5 in Hammonton
SpringHill Suites Voorhees Mt. Laurel/Cherry Hill
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn

Been to Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!