“Not bad at all”

Pan American Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Pan American. I'd say it is very clean and well maintained. The beds are amazingly comfy. I would have liked a table on the balcony but not such a huge deal. As for the smoking policy... I am a light smoker (working on that :/) I actuality dont mind at all that there is a designated smoking section. I myself don't even smoke indoors and try to be considerate of others. I would hate to be in a place where constant smoke was being blown in my face. So I appreciate the smoke free atmosphere. As for the price? I do feel it was a bit steep for what you get. I found the place a little generic. But then again I always like a little fun theme on my vacation stays. All in all it was a really decent place!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Guest Danikid,

Thank you for writing about your visit to the Pan American Hotel. Thank you for expressing how clean the hotel is and how comfortable the beds are. We really appreciate your words about the smoking policy. We try to accommodate all of our guests any way we can. We truly want everyone staying with us to have a wonderful vacation experience.

Thank you again and hope to see you next year,
Jim Kelly GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Once again, another wonderful visit to the Pan American Hotel. We've vacationed at the Pan Am for over 14 years and each year we are met with the friendliest, most courteous, most caring staff ever! Over our 40 years of marriage, we've been to other hotels and the Pan American is the best for friendliness, cleanliness and the most comfortable feeling of being home! We share this feeling with all our family members and friends!
When you are away from home, you can always be sure people like Tonya, Greg and Marcella and especially Jim Kelly are always doing whatever it takes to give you a wonderful vacation and special time at the Pan American!
Alosi's Restaurant is a great addition to the Pan American. Greeted so wonderfully by Maggie again makes you feel so very welcome and the food is simply delicious!
Take our advice, we've tried other hotels, go to the Pan American!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MOONSTRUCK77
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful "The Best in the Wildwoods" review. We are so happy that you continue to choose to come back to the Pan American Hotel. It is wonderful having your family here with us year after year, sharing in joys and making memories that last all of us a lifetime.
Our team here is committed to providing all our guests a vacation experience that is unforgettable.
Our on site restaurant, Alosi's, is top notch.

Thank you again and see you in the Fall,
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was on a bus trip to Cape May and we stayed at the Pan American. It was nice and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.
I would say that it is not top shelf but very well worth our stay. Right on the ocean. We did not spend a lot of time in our room so we were out and about. The bed was comfortable and I have no complaints except no coffee pot in the room. It is available downstairs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your comments and write your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip down to the shore but I apologize we did not exceed your expectations. It is always nice to hear that the staff was very helpful.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Pan American is a wonderful hotel - extremely curteous hotel staff, comfortable beds and pillows, clean, great little kitchenette.... Our favorite parst were the proximity to the ocean/beach (a very short walk) and the pool. The beach was beautiful! We ordered poolside lunch, which was delicious, quick and convenient! The town of Wildwood itself is nothing spectacular, and the Boardwalk wasn't for us at all. We had very noisy next-door neighbors our first night...you could hear everything - not through the walls but through the very thin doors. I imagine our other neighbors also heard them, it sounded like the were partying in the hallway...until 4am! This was not the hotel's fault of course. I tried to deal with it myself and didn't call the front desk, but did mention it to them the next morning. They strongly encouraged me to call them if it happened again because they don't tolerate that type of thing at all. The next night was fine though, so I wonder if occupants were informed there had been a complaint. At any rate, this was a great hotel...we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Pan American Hotel. We strive to continue to provide our guests with ultra clean and comfortable accommodations along with that personal touch from our staff. The hotel is located perfectly for those who want to enjoy the beach and the boardwalk. I am sorry to hear you did have a night of disturbance. We do take quiet time seriously and I am glad to hear that the staff encouraged you to contact the desk if this was a problem again. I hope you will be joining us again in 2015.
Best Regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed at a number of different hotels in my life and this hotel continues to impress me with each stay. The staff really puts this place in a different stratosphere when it comes to hotel experiences. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are really nice. Updated decor, always clean and a very comfortable bed as well. Its steps from the beach and a few blocks from the north end of the boardwalk too. But the staff is what will continue to bring me back. They remembered from our last stay that my 2 year old son loves to look at the tropical fish tank in the restaurant and every day they made sure to save the table right in front of it for us. They were even clearing out all the tables and chairs in the entire room for a wedding they had that night but they still went out of their way to keep that one table there for us. Also, before my inlaws booked a room for their next stay, they were kind enough to walk them up to the room so they could preview it before they booked. I cannot say enough about the staff here and guest experience here. Simply put, the Pan American is the best hotel in Wildwood hands down.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience here at the Pan American. We really aim to exceed our guests expectations in providing superior customer care and well maintained accommodations. The tropical fish is such an attraction to our younger guests and I am happy to know that we were able to still have your table ready for you. Our team is always happy to show a room, so that future guests may see how high our standards of excellence.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you next year with your in laws.
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice. There is no view on the northern side, 2nd floor, unless you like the view of the basketball courts and children playground. I noticed that the last series of balconies are at a steeper angle that the rest. I am not an engineer, yet I built several buildings and this would never pass a safety inspection. Staff are great. Beds are great. I've traveled the world. I would never stay here again due to their militant non - smoking attitude. I can go to an area and have a cigarette, to be regulated to smoke on the curb ( where they have their ashtrays) like a dog is a poor choice by management. The rusting fixtures in the bathroom also make for great concern of their attitude from ownership. Having been a travel agent in the past. I would not recommend this location unless your new to traveling. Great people. Poorly executed rooms. There is not even a coffee maker. There are no tables on the balcony. Where can I put my coffee, oh thats right, no coffee maker. Bad decisions and judgment by management. Shame on them. Great concept. Failure to execute. Check the room rates. Posted rate in room is different than charged. Will be submitting complaint to all proper agencies.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BigAlnyc
JimKellyMgr, General Manager at Pan American Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. If we had been made aware of your concerns, our courteous and professional staff would have been promptly addressed them while you were here. As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the hotel, we pride ourselves on our safe, clean, well maintained and well- appointed accommodations. The beautiful oceanfront location of our hotel allows us to offer a variety of room choices and views, depending on personal preferences. Our rates vary within the time of the year, packages and discount offers, as well as room type. I am happy to hear and also agree that you find our "hotel is nice", "our staff is great" and "our beds are great also".
Carlstadt, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just came back home from 3 nights at the Pan American Hotel. Perfect hotel. Spotless. Fabulous staff. I was part of a senior group, and you know us seniors, we can be cranky, but I did not hear any complaints. Cute decor with planes in lobby and loved the metal sculpture map in Hospitality Room. All rooms have a balcony and the pool area was beautiful. Unfortunately weather did not cooperate but I would have loved to just sit on one of the lounge chairs overlooking the ocean. I will confess to being jealous of some of the other rooms. Since I was just one person in room, it was on the small size compared to some of the other rooms. Adequate but after I saw some of my friends rooms, jealous. Some were directly facing beach and had kitchens and could accommodate a family. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend who is planning to come down with some of her family during summer.

Room Tip: Try to get one of those rooms directly facing ocean.