All reviews fire pit jim kelly basketball court next year attached restaurant bunk beds pool area hotel is spotless ocean front the penthouse the entire staff the entire hotel on site restaurant wonderful hotel year after year fourth floor off season
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I've stayed at a number of wildwood area hotels/motels, and this was by far the highest quality. It costs a bit more per night than some of the older "doo-wop" motels further up in town, but in my opinion it was worth it, and still a bargain. The rooms were a bit small, but very clean, well furnished, and the property was very modern. All the rooms have nice private balconies with chairs, and there are some nice views, especially on the north facing side of the building, where you can see the piers and ocean. One minor problem was the air compressor on the roof that turned on every few minutes was a bit noisy for us on the fourth floor. There is a small restaurant on site, which served a decent breakfast for a reasonable price. The location is nice, far enough away from the boardwalk to be in a quiet, low traffic neighborhood but close enough to be able to walk there. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2008
1  Thank AndrwTC
Reviewed May 5, 2008

we have stayed in the pan american hotel for many years now. it is hands down the best hotel in wildwood. the rooms are great and reasonable, it is close to the boardwalk and the staff is the best. if you want a great place to stay and have a fun time go here.

Date of stay: September 2006
Reviewed March 26, 2008

We having been staying at the Pan American during the fall car show weekend for the last 3 years, a good value in the off-season, $114 for a standard room. The hotel is a few blocks from the boardwalk and easy walking distance to several restaurants. The rooms have been recently renovated, the pool area is beautiful and the hotel has direct access to the beach. Of course direct access to the beach in Wildwood means you still have to walk across a wide expanse of sand to get to the water. So if you want to actually hear the ocean from your room, good luck.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BeachNutPA
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were more than delighted with our first stay here Columbus Day weekend. A last minute decision to take a short vacation, with an overnight in Wildwood on the way, was proving near impossible even with the power of the internet, facing 2 day minimums, incredibly warm fall weather, and too many festivals. One of our turn downs suggested this hotel, and I had to call them directly. We stayed in a relatively small but neat ,clean, efficient room with queen bed, stall shower, dorm fridge and a balcony with a view of the ocean for a price that was very affordable. We only had to walk a few feet to the boardwalk, beach, car or town, with on site parking. The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful, and the lobby and other surroundings were spotless and attractive. Out of season may be a whole different story, but for this weekend, it was perfect and I'd go back, offseason, in a heartbeat. I was a little nervous about what we'd find based upon some of the reviews, but this hotel more than satisfied all our needs. Note there was A/C, no heat, for our room, but I believe they had extended the season due to the warm weather.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank njcountrylady
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My family of 5 (3 kids) stayed in the hotel in July originally booked 7 nights. By the 3rd night my husband and I could not stand the thought of another night and wanted to end our vacation. We were near the elevators and the 2nd and 3rd floors have an ice machine by the elevators so all we heard all night long were people walking and talking up and down the hallways and filling coolers with ice at 7:30 a.m.! I know it is not the hotel's fault to have inconsiderate guests but you do hear EVERYTHING. When we complained about the ice machine they said they would pull the plug and never did. They were kind enough to reimburse us the last 3 nights as they could not move us to a quieter floor as no rooms were available. In addition, there were very roudy people in the pool area, so bad that I would not allow my 5 year old twins in the pool as they totally took over with footballs , dunking, chicken fights and the 17 year old "life guard" was too afraid to tell them to stop. He did however have enough guts to tell my 7 year old not to dive! NEVER AGAIN. Next year for $200 more I will be staying at the Sea Point in a one bedroom condo!

Date of stay: July 2007