All reviewsfire pitjim kellybasketball courtnext yearbunk bedsocean frontpool areathe penthousethe entire staffwonderful hotelyear after yearthe entire hoteloff seasonpackage dealbreakfast and lunchmany yearsup to date
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My family of 5 (3 kids) stayed in the hotel in July originally booked 7 nights. By the 3rd night my husband and I could not stand the thought of another night and wanted to end our vacation. We were near the elevators and the 2nd and 3rd floors have an ice machine by the elevators so all we heard all night long were people walking and talking up and down the hallways and filling coolers with ice at 7:30 a.m.! I know it is not the hotel's fault to have inconsiderate guests but you do hear EVERYTHING. When we complained about the ice machine they said they would pull the plug and never did. They were kind enough to reimburse us the last 3 nights as they could not move us to a quieter floor as no rooms were available. In addition, there were very roudy people in the pool area, so bad that I would not allow my 5 year old twins in the pool as they totally took over with footballs , dunking, chicken fights and the 17 year old "life guard" was too afraid to tell them to stop. He did however have enough guts to tell my 7 year old not to dive! NEVER AGAIN. Next year for $200 more I will be staying at the Sea Point in a one bedroom condo!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank LK32
Reviewed February 18, 2007

We stayed here in Aug '06 for 3 nights. It was myself, my husband, 2 yr. old son, 11 yr. old daughter and we had a blast. I has requested a crib in the room that was not there when we first arrived but with 1 phone call it was there in 10 min. Their customer service was great and they are friendly people. The restaurant was ok, I didn't find it kid friendly. But that was ok with us, we were on the boardwalk most of the time anyway. We had a room facing the basketball courts, which wasn't my ideal room- but the lights were turned off at 10 pm promptly and everyone would leave right away. I didn't find it a problem. And the ocean view was great too- it was sort of a "corner" room. The room was clean and neat. All in all, we had a great time and would stay here again!
Lori- Central New Jersey

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 6, 2007

I saw this hotel last summer while I was staying at another hotel in Wildwood Crest. I went in and got a brochure and looked around - it looked like a very nice place. I tried to make a reservation for Summer 2007 and was told I could call the second week of January, even though the brochure stated reservations begin February 2007. I called in Jan and their machine said to call back Feb 5. I did so only to find out that the same people rent the oceanfront rooms year after year and it is impossible to get one. You have to stay at the hotel to get this priority and once you are in you are in for life apparently. I just wish they had told me this last summer and I could have continued searching for another hotel. I hope I can help anyone else who is interested in an oceanfront room there - forget about it!

Stayed: February 2007
11  Thank Mooha
Reviewed August 27, 2006

A Glorified Frat House!!! Noisey, loud, partying hotel

Used to be a really nice family place to stay. Our recent stay was just plain awful....not a restful nite of sleep.......Seemed like the atmosphere here has changed totally. A bunch of drunken guests in several rooms made our stayed awful...Absolutely ruined our time there. Complained on our last nite when we just plain couldnt take it anymore to the management . Noise never stopped and management actually blamed us the next day for not complaining more that nite! Management difinitely favorited the drunken bums who partied and drank all nite long to dawn and the 10 year returning guest...NO MORE! Would never recommend it anymore and would never stay there again!!! (Unless your a frat boy and want to party all nite long that is!)

Stayed: August 2006
17  Thank hyper1992
Reviewed August 12, 2006

Hotel was nice, very clean, employees were pleasant and professional. Pool area also was pretty but a little crowded, hotel is walking distance to boardwalk and bike rentals are nearby. Beach was clean, had lifeguards and also is directly in front of hotel after a walkway past dunes area. This is a nonsmoking property which is also definately wonderful. We enjoyed our stay. Room was mostly quiet but we were oceanfront, side rooms may be somewhat noisier near basketball court or pool areas. It seems there is a lot of attention to detail in this hotel, which is very impressive to see. Room was a little cool at night, which was a surprise for the month of August. Restaurant food at Alosis was also good which is the restaurant attached to hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family