“Absolutely appaling!”

Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Montreal, Canada
“Absolutely appaling!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We arrived at Wildwood Crest just before midnight without haveing booked any accomodation. Tired after a long journey, we spent a good 45 minutes looking for a room for the night. The Singapore was thankfully still open, and we negotiated a good rate for a 2-night stay. The room we were given, however, was an absolute disaster. French doors were the only entry into the room, and barely secure. The room itself was dark and dingy and verry overcrowded. As for cleanliness - absolutely disgusting.... Dirty, previously used towels had been left in the bathroom, the toilet had not been cleaned, what looked like vomit stains were all over the bathroom door and toilet bowl, there was a stench of mold, and evidence of mold all over the walls and wall hangings, and then a soaked carpet that we had the misfortune to walk in by the heating unit just about put us over the edge. And, I should add that there was not even any A/C in the room, nor any way of getting any air into the room without leaving the french doors open. On top of a lousy room, they allowed all-night parties around the pool, and no motel management was on hand overnight to monitor the excessive noise. Parking is also very tight - only a few inches betwen you and the next car. We were totally disgusted, and will never return. Definitely not a place to bring your family to.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a nice view of the ocean - but the filth doesn't make the view worth it.
9 Thank LeclercFamily

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived early, and the front office was nice enough to give us our parking pass so we didn't have to drive around WW Crest looking for parking. Once we got back to the room, it was acceptable in cleanliness, however, it seems the cleaning staff could probably use a bit of training on how to clean corners of flooring and underneath beds. The bed linens were all clean,beds were comfortable, and bathroom was cleaned well. We had no issues and the hotel staff was always friendly. Though regulation, the parking spaces are very narrow, and I'm not sure if there weren't enough for all rooms or if there were non-guests parking in the lot because when we came back from being out one night, we had to park in the street (which thankfully, a space opened up before metered parking kicked in the next morning). The heated pool was great, and my kids enjoyed it after spending all day on the beach. If you're looking to stay in the lap of luxury, don't pick an old motel in the Wildwoods. Just don't. But if you're looking for a great location with adequate amenities, this one isn't so bad. It's not the best I've stayed in, but certainly not the worst.

Room Tip: There's a lot of traffic by other guests on the first floor. There are also some rooms that over...
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I have been coming to this motel since the 80's it used to be a Wonderful Place!!.we had so many Memories here!!. The up keep on this place is so sad!!.rooms are dirty, not at all safe!! Mold, blood stained sheets we found squirrel Poop under the dresser. They gave us another room with no problem. BUT THE CONDITION OF THAT ONE WAS STILL THE SAME!!... JUST NOT AS OBVIOUS... Very low class element..no one spoke English..disgusting!.With there location they should have a GOLD MINE. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE FINDS THE BEAUTY AND TAKES IT OVER CAUSE ITCAN BE BEAUTIFUL!!...AS FOR NOW I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank zia5
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
The Singapore motel is maintain to a very good condition. Last year because of SANDY over $100,000.00 of structural repair work was done. Next, year we will do more work but to the interior.

Thank you for your critique.
Marco

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my first stay at the Singapore. The owner Pat was very accommodating from the very start. My friend and I arrved early and they had the room ready for us and allowed us to check in early. After check out she said I could still utilize the pool and use a room if i needed to change or use the restroom since i am 8 months pregnant. Its nice to stay at a hotel on the beach with a heated pool. I looked at many hotels on the beach and this was the least expensive per night. I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank atir1323
Thank you very much.
Will see you next summer.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

THIEVES!
After booking and then having to cancel due to a family emergency, I called Singapore Motel to cancel within an hour. They told because my booking was already past their "2 week in advance" cancellation policy they can only refund half. Really? I spoke with a man named "mike" and he told me I should be more concerned about my family emergency rather than getting my money back.

Fast forward a week later. The motel calls me at 11PM to tell me I am a no-show for my booking. I tell them that I already canceled with them a week prior. The lady on the phone says she will investigate and "research" it. I then get an email saying I am a no show, (after canceling mind you) and that I will no be charged anything. I take a look on my credit card statement and the crooks charge me $209 AGAIN.

Bottom line, DO NOT give this pitiful excuse for a business any of your credit card information because they will abuse it and charge you as they please. This place is unorganized, rude, and dishonest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Steve N
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thumbs up: pool. Beach proximity. Thombs down: privacy. Rooms equipments and Wi-Fi always on-off. Too expensive for what it is. Meet some good new friends bit at the same time other strange neightbors

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you. Yes, this summer we have had problems with our new WI FI system especially the service from comcast. I apologize.
Dumont, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice people, clean rooms, right on the beach, reasonable rates. The mattresses in the rooms seemed to be brand new. Pat was very sweet and treated us like we were family. I would not hesitate to go back. If you are a snob and can afford $300-$400 a night ....go for it. I found this place to be just great!

1 Thank Deane C
Thank you so much and we hope to see you again.