Singapore Motel
Ranked #64 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed for a long weekend -- the room was VERY clean and the staff were very accommodating. They allowed us to check in early and they were very friendly. The motel is right on the beach and the pool is a decent size. The only negative was that the parking spots are very small/ narrow. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nicolenmz
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you! Hope to see again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Singapore Motel
515 East Orchid Road, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260 was clean , the employees were nice and helpful. Pros :the heated pool was the best part of the trip, very very very close to the beach
cons: only one parking space , the couch smell a bit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank she971
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is not for those of you looking for luxury. We wanted a room by the beach with a heated pool, two beds, fridge and cooking appliances.

Pros: VERY CLEAN, most comfortable bed I slept in and pillows where great. Staff was very nice and willing to do anything to help us. HEATED pool, 2nd floor room with a GREAT view of the ocean and semi private.

cons or things to remember: there was a coffee pot, bring your own coffee; No little store or restaurant or even coffee (but a block away there is a restaurant that charges $2 for even the smallest drink). Cook top only, with two working burners. Fridge needed help, but manager promised to replace it after we left since I was okay with my duct tape solution (lol). Bring dish detergent, dish towel and dish cloth.

Take note you are only 5 blocks or so from the boardwalk where you can get sunscreen and anything else you forgot. We asked the guys on the beach and they where clueless. So we drove to a riteaid...found out on the last day we could have walked or rented a bike to the boardwalk for everything, except groceries.

overall a wonderful vacation at the beach for my little family. we will be back.

Room Tip: Speak to the staff, call ahead or email and be specific. I suggest DO NOT ask for first floor, no v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you, for your review. See you next year.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest since the mid 70's, first as a child with my Parents up thru to my teens. Over those years my Parents and my brothers & me were treated by Vinny the Silver Beach Motel owner as family. Unfortunately as is the case stated by other reviewers here (The Silver Beach Motel) as with other older style Motels ,was sold to & torn down by Condo developers.
After staying at a few Larger Hotels over the years....My Wife and I have found The Singapore Motel fit like a favorite pair of jeans!!!!
Let me say one think about what I witnessed & learned growing up over the many years watching Vinny at the Silver Beach Motel. He put his sweat and blood into his Motel. From early morning through late night....''He'' was either seeing to the needs of his guests or ensuring that the Motel was properly maintained.
Well Marco and His Family reminded me of just that type of Family style Motel ownership. They personally asked if everything in the room was OK.In personally saw them sweeping up areas that need attention or seeing to the trash compactor. Someone was ALWAYS around whether you needed an extra couple of towels or whatever. The room was clean, had a Vizio LCD Flatscreen HDTV with full cable. Direct access to the Beach or a sparkling clear beautifully heated pool that wad open even later than the posted 10 pm time which was AWESOME!!!
As for some of the bad reviews....I don't understand what the problems were except that they may have been isolated incidents. I can tell you one thing....a dirty room was probably made dirty by the previous inconsiderate "SLOBS'' who stayed before. I personally saw one of the Singapore Owner/family members reprimand a young couple who left the room in such a mess that it took the maid nearly 2 hrs to clean it.
Check out time is usually 10 am....Marco during conversation offered to us the night before that We can take our time checking out and stay as late as we wanted. TRY GETTING THAT AT THE ROYAL HAWAIIAN, PANORAMA OR PORT ROYAL HOTELS!! I will be back to stay at The Singapore Motel!! Thank you Marco & Family!!!

Room Tip: There are three floors. All have Ocean views...There are also Oceanfront Rooms available. We liked s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you so much and hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for four days and had a great time. We found the staff to be welcoming and the room was clean. I really enjoyed the pool being clean and warm , you are allowed to swim late which is good for us we usually get in late the first night. As with any older classic wildwood motel things become worn but I found the owners and staff to be on top of it. Pat was very nice she even let us upgrade or room to ocean front for a very minimal fee. We are looking foward to going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your response, hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a very great first impression of Singapore Motel to begin with, starting the reservation. I spoke with this lady Nikki , and I asked her to give me an oceanfront view room, I really didn't think anything of it , because I had a very bad experience with big hotels in AC from the previous year , so I had no higher expectations of what this motel will do for me.
To my surprise just speaking to Pat before we got there, she was very friendly, though I was still skeptical, we got there and both Pat and Marco were genuinely nice and accomodating.
The room that I pointed out was available to us and perfect , because my kids aren't really feeling to go outside that day but I wanted to sunbathe, while my 2 kids were playing video games in the room with their PSP, I was just a couple feet away from them and we're all enjoying the view. The most lasting impression that Pat had , that genuine smile and really people person, is what would make me go back and refer this place to friends and family!!!
The bathroom curtains could use changing , but other than that the linens are clean and beds comfortable!

Room Tip: the corner room is very quiet in every floor I assume because the bedroom is hidden so no windows, t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Front Office Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your response. Yes, we do the best we can and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just got back from three nights at Singapore motel and need to share this review. The rooms are a little run down, however the beds were comfortable the pool and barbaque area were very good. The staff was very accomodating and for the price it was great value. Our room was a bit on the small side but had a private bedroom. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your response. Hope to see you next year.