“Worst motel EVER!!”

Singapore Motel
Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Worst motel EVER!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've been to a lot of motels in my time but this has by far been the only one I had to dedicate my time writing a review for! It was absolutely horrible! For one, the website is completely different from what the motel is like. The price are made up on the spot depending on who you talk to on the phone. I talked to a man and he said $119 for a room but I called back later and a women said it was $160 and "it was impossible for a man to pick to up the phone." When I got there, there was no parking, a dog in the room next to mine (when no pets are allowed), and most importantly, the service was trash. Every time I asked for something, the women threatened me so I checked out and she had the nerve to throw something at me. Nevertheless, pay a little more because you can ask anyone whose been there, it's the worst motel in wildwood.

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Vitkb
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I apologize for whatever has happened to you while at the Singapore.
Prices do change from room to room or week day stay to weekend for the same room.
Also our price do vary from the beginning of the summer to the end of September.
If anyone spoke to you improperly I apologize for the whole staff.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
South Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have gone to Wildwood Crest for vacation since I was a child and started bringing my children as well. I now am looking for a place to bring my Granddaughter for vacations. The motel we used to stay at has been taken down and up went the condos. I thought the Singapore would have been a good fit for us by looking at the website. Well when we got there it wasn't what I expected at all. My husband & I paid more for a certain room and my parents paid less then us and received a much better room, ours was very dirty. Someone left socks on the floor and we found an oreo under the bed and a finger nail on the comforter. It was also very dusty with lots of cobwebs. They don't have a coffee shop or place to eat like it says and no ice machine. We had to go across the street to the Royal Hawaiin. As far as the people running it, Very nice but they need to work on cleaning the place up instead of begging people to stay because the rooms are not up to par. We witnessed people seeing their room and leaving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yankeesgidget
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your response. Every year we are working on this motel.
This year a lot of work was completed on the structure and Hurricane Sandy.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I were guest at the Singapore in September, 2012. We were a little leary because we had never stayed in the Crest before and only booked Sun-Wed. When we arrived, we were very impressed with this hotel as well as the courteous owners. They could not do enough to make us comfortable. They were very accommodating and made us feel that their home was our home. We loved our room which was very clean and spacious. The private entrance to the beach was fabulous, and we certainly took advantage of the beach being so close. The pool was fabulous as it was heated and we swam everyday. We met lots of wonderful people from all over, including Canadians and people from Ohio. All of the other guest were so nice and friendly, and were as happy with the motel as we were. I did not hear any negative remarks. In fact, we loved it so much that we extended our vacation by two days and stayed until Friday morning. We will certainly be returning next year. Thank you for your hospitality.
The Sariego's

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much. See you next summer.
Orefield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It really bothers my husband and I that there are always so many negative reviews about this place. We have stayed there nearly every summer for the last 8 years starting with our honeymoon. While we will admit that on occasion you may have to wait a few extra minutes for towels or something you have to also consider the fact that the owner Pat does not have much help and she and her staff are doing the job of 20 or more ppl at once. We have always had clean rooms,clean towels and are always met with friendliness. Every summer we feel like we are going back to a place that feels like home. BUilding memories with our kids there has been wonderful and it was great to take some of our other family there for a short sty in sept. You have to also consider that 90% of the hotels down there are older and really get beat up next to the water.If you want a 5 star hotel I would suggest another beach other than Wildwood, it's an old fashion type of town with lots of hotels in need of repairs. We have seen improvements each year at the singapore. No where else can you go with such a great pool area,and heated at that,where you can swim late,cook out hang out in the picnic area and outside your room without the grief many places give you.We will be back again next year the same as always to have another enjoyable stay and to make more family memories! Keep up the great work Pat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much. We appreciate your review.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The worst place you can be with family and the most inorganized people you will ever meet .... The most Ridiculous Prices and rates ...you will be given a price on the phone so you make a reservation then once you are there you get hit with a new price , a new room ... People do not go there ...

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Hanyred
I apologize but our rates do vary from month to month and room type to room type.
On our website prices are set for 7 night stay. Short stays have increase in price from $10.00 to $50.00 per night plus tax. I believe if you look at our prices on the website or on Booking.com you will see we are very competitive in price.

Thank you for your critique.
NJ
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our trip began with some huffyness as we waited in the lobby for our room to be ready. Finally we were given our room. We had walked away and come back to sit and wait. One of the grandchildren of the owner came in from the pool and told their mother who was in the back that there were people waiting and we heard her yell from teh back, "go tell someone else I have my job and my job is not the front desk, they can just wait." When we were given our room and were bringing our things in the owner came barging in looking around to see how the cleaning crew did. I wouldn't have minded so much if she would have knocked first. She critiqued how they did and yet it turns out her feeling "okay" about how they did ended up being the best it was cleaned the whole time we were there. The sheets were never changed which made for a very uncomfortable sleeping since you are at the beach, and the sand that was there on day one was there on day 4! The floor was never vacuumed. To save money we ate in with food we brought and a few crumbs of course were on the floor and so were some from the people before us. At one point my son dropped a toy off the bed and when I went to get it from under the bed I was horrified to see the food and other items that were under there. GROSS!
We only were given hand towels in our bathroom and it wasn't until we saw a cleaning kid with bath size towels did we realize that there were larger towels. My husband asked for bath towels and was given a snappy reply that "only the towels they remove are the ones they replace" he questioned if she was implying we stole them. She only responded witht he same statement. At that point he walked away I was ready to have them search our bags to prove we didn't steal their precious towels. It wasn't until our 3rd day that we actually got bath towels.
I hated that there was construction going on above us. I understand that it has to happen but really at 6am!?! What was the icing on the cake was one afternoon while my infant and husband were napping our door opened with one of the managers and the construction guy. When the manager saw I was sitting on the bed she closed the door quickly and said, "Oh they're in there" So I'd looooooooove to know why they were going to be coming into our room. Again No knock first!!
The pool while it was great that it was heated the children/grandchildren whomever they were of the owning family spent most of the day eating in or around the pool feeding the birds the chips. My favorite though was the chicken bone in the kiddie pool!! (glad it was our last day)

When we were leaving there was an argument between a group of teenage boys and the owner. I'm not sure what happened but it appeared to be handled quite unprofessionally. When the owner is telling the teen to wait because "he caused her enough grief" and screaming at him and name calling between them! I can expect that from a teenage boy but really from a grown buisness woman! I had to walk out of the office because I didn't want my child exposed to that! We overheard them calling the police as we walked to our car, glad we were on our way out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mish P
I apologize for what happened to you.

Thank You for your critique.
Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After reading the negative reviews, I was a little nervous about staying here. I have gone to Wildwood pretty much every year of my life (35 years) and always thought the Singapore was really cool looking. The last 2 years we stayed in Seapoint but had stayed in the Villa Nova most of the years prior to that. We were assured by Pat that we would enjoy it.

We checked in on a Sunday which is a pretty busy day for all of the motels since a lot of people who stay for the weekend check out on Sundays. We had to wait a bit for our room, which I was expecting anyway. A few people on line in front of us seemed to have problems but nothing major and all of which were fixed by the gentleman at the desk (Mark?).
We had a bit of an issue with our reservation, which had nothing to do with The Singapore (my friend decided not to go so I gave her the money for the deposit and took her room so the reservation was under a different name and the credit card deposit was her card).
Even with that confusion, I had no problem checking in, got the exact room I booked and Pat and Mark were very friendly. I did notice that the outside needed to be updated but our room was clean. There was some food left in our fridge which kind of annoyed me but it was taken care of right away by Pat. I was a little dissapointed at first that the wifi did not reach our room but I didn't even take my tablet out to use it, so to me, it was not a big deal after all.

It is obviously not the same as staying in Seapoint, but it was no different than staying at the Villa Nova. We had a great time. We got a decent room at a great price and had a wonderful view of the beach and the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much. I hope to see you next summer.
The Singapore wireless network was a temporary set up for this summer, our first year having wireless. Next summer the complete system will be in place.

Thanks Again.