“the real lowdown on the royal hawaiin”

Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed May 27, 2007

at first i was afraid to book after reading all the reviews but here is my take after spending memorial day weekend there , first the positives , I had no problems with the management , very helpful.
The pool was excellent , the best around and my family enjoyed it and I did too, it is the best selling point . The rooms were not bad , i did not have any smells , my view was great , the room was decent , now the bads , if you are going with your family you must get a room that is oceanfront!!!! otherwise you will be packing and leaving the same nite ,Every nite I personally witnessed to my bewilderment a very rowdy chaotic out of control , wild , near riot , teenager clientel packed in like a animal house like frat party on the entire one main side of the building that ran into the wee hours of the morning (screaming , yelling ,cursing ,bear bottles crashing ,and obviously the management and police seemed to ignore it , pretty scary if your with kids and have a room anywhere but oceanfront !!! towels were disgusting and ripped , stained ,and probably better suited for sanding floors . I would not be going there again !!!! not for the family but would be if the riff raff were not allowed to stay , family oriented ?? no way!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank larry61865
There are newer reviews for Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

Reviewed February 23, 2007

For wildwood standards,this hotel is a nice place.The pool is always heated,the hot tub is a nice feature,and they have a small coffee gift shop.The negatives are the parking can be tight but they do have someone there late at night to get you into a space.The rooms have central air which is much better than the loud old acs most of the hotels here have.The one thing they should change is the pull out square couch(very outdated).Its very uncomfortable to sit on.If you are looking for deluxe accomadations,then pay $3,500 for the week in one of many townhouses they ve built but dont expect a pool like the royal hawaiian. ps- they also have a separate building which is their game room and it has a bathroom.Its convenient to the pool and for check in and checkouts

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank kacey55
Reviewed January 24, 2007

I don't understand people always complaining about everything. I think this motel is very fine for a wildwood motel. Don't forget it was built in the 60' and also that you don't pay a fortune for being on this very good location, right on the beach! I recommand the rooms on the west wing, with a private balcony. The view is nice on the ocean. The room is big.But I dont like the sink being outside the bathroom... The pool is one of the best I've seen on my trips to the wildwoods, big and clean. The entire property, including the room, was clean. It was old but clean. The walls where really thin ( we heard anything the neighbors said, we know that they loved to eat chicken at 3 in the morning) but hey just bring earlplugs and it will be fine. We where in the room so rarely...

The workers here was friendly whit us. Maybe it's because we don't are the type of people who are complaining about everything, for nothing. If you're unpleasant, maybe people at the front desk will be unpleasant to.

We had a nice vacation me and my fiancee. For sure, this motel is not "above average" if you consider many hotels in other beach-locations than wildwoods. But I rated it 4 because I really think, because of the great pool, location, and because it was clean, it's above average for a Wildwoods motel.
Now we're going to Hawaii in may at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach for our Honeymoon, right next to the REAL Royal Hawaiian ;)
It's much more expansive too!

So you get what you pay for. I think the Royal Hawaiian beachfront resort in Wildwood Crest is a good value. I'll put some nice pictures soon.

Sorry for my written english, I speak french. Salut les Québécois!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Seb_the_Mosquito
Reviewed October 1, 2006

My husband and I took our first vacation in six years and stayed at the Royal Hawaiian for a week and I can tell you we had a wonderful time there .It was during the firemens convention and we met so many nice people. We had a great room with ocean view , it was clean and we had more than enough fresh towels every morning. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly as well as management. We had our small dog with us and everyone just loved him. I cant find any complaints with this hotel and my husband and I are looking forward to coming back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Royal Hawaiian. Keith & Betty Jackowski Nazareth Pa.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keg255
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Hands down, this is the worst motel I have ever been to in Wildwood Crest. I knew right at check-in that this place was going to be a problem. I would have gotten more of a response trying make small talk with a wall while checking in then the manager they have there. He is downright rude and was acting like he was doing us a favor by doing his job. Also, I agree with the previous posts. Our room stunk and had seen better days long ago. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Please look elsewhere for lodging.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank exit4
Reviewed August 29, 2006

This motel has a very bad, funky smell that permeates everything. It's like a cross between mold and cheap air freshener. Even the ice I filled up my cooler with reeked. We brought our own pillows and I had to toss them when I got home because I couldn't get the smell out of them.

The room was worn out and uncomfortable. Our choices for seating were an L shaped couch/bed/table combo covered with plastic that faced away from the TV or a small dinette set with wooden chairs. Neither one was a good place to go and relax.

The motel was loud and raucous. Glass bottles and cigar smoke around the pool were plentiful.

We will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank margesimpson13
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Don't be fooled by this dump! First we arrive and theres no parking. Behind the counter is a BILLBOARD of Don'ts for the hotel. We were only allowed to breath. The pool was not heated and closed at 6:00. I saw the hotel accross the street open all night. The hallway smells and the staff is rude. We won't be back.

Stayed: August 2006