“It was nice, very good location”

Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Chateauguay, Quebec
“It was nice, very good location”
Reviewed January 24, 2007

I don't understand people always complaining about everything. I think this motel is very fine for a wildwood motel. Don't forget it was built in the 60' and also that you don't pay a fortune for being on this very good location, right on the beach! I recommand the rooms on the west wing, with a private balcony. The view is nice on the ocean. The room is big.But I dont like the sink being outside the bathroom... The pool is one of the best I've seen on my trips to the wildwoods, big and clean. The entire property, including the room, was clean. It was old but clean. The walls where really thin ( we heard anything the neighbors said, we know that they loved to eat chicken at 3 in the morning) but hey just bring earlplugs and it will be fine. We where in the room so rarely...

The workers here was friendly whit us. Maybe it's because we don't are the type of people who are complaining about everything, for nothing. If you're unpleasant, maybe people at the front desk will be unpleasant to.

We had a nice vacation me and my fiancee. For sure, this motel is not "above average" if you consider many hotels in other beach-locations than wildwoods. But I rated it 4 because I really think, because of the great pool, location, and because it was clean, it's above average for a Wildwoods motel.
Now we're going to Hawaii in may at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach for our Honeymoon, right next to the REAL Royal Hawaiian ;)
It's much more expansive too!

So you get what you pay for. I think the Royal Hawaiian beachfront resort in Wildwood Crest is a good value. I'll put some nice pictures soon.

Sorry for my written english, I speak french. Salut les Québécois!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Seb_the_Mosquito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nazareth Pa
Reviewed October 1, 2006

My husband and I took our first vacation in six years and stayed at the Royal Hawaiian for a week and I can tell you we had a wonderful time there .It was during the firemens convention and we met so many nice people. We had a great room with ocean view , it was clean and we had more than enough fresh towels every morning. The housekeeping staff were all very friendly as well as management. We had our small dog with us and everyone just loved him. I cant find any complaints with this hotel and my husband and I are looking forward to coming back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Royal Hawaiian. Keith & Betty Jackowski Nazareth Pa.

• Liked — the ocean view
  • Tips/Secrets — go during the firemens convention ,you will have a ball
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keg255
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Hands down, this is the worst motel I have ever been to in Wildwood Crest. I knew right at check-in that this place was going to be a problem. I would have gotten more of a response trying make small talk with a wall while checking in then the manager they have there. He is downright rude and was acting like he was doing us a favor by doing his job. Also, I agree with the previous posts. Our room stunk and had seen better days long ago. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Please look elsewhere for lodging.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Pick a different motel to stay at. There are plenty of others.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank exit4

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed August 29, 2006

This motel has a very bad, funky smell that permeates everything. It's like a cross between mold and cheap air freshener. Even the ice I filled up my cooler with reeked. We brought our own pillows and I had to toss them when I got home because I couldn't get the smell out of them.

The room was worn out and uncomfortable. Our choices for seating were an L shaped couch/bed/table combo covered with plastic that faced away from the TV or a small dinette set with wooden chairs. Neither one was a good place to go and relax.

The motel was loud and raucous. Glass bottles and cigar smoke around the pool were plentiful.

We will definitely not be staying here again.

• Liked — It's right on the beach
  • Disliked — The horrible smell
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank margesimpson13
north jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Don't be fooled by this dump! First we arrive and theres no parking. Behind the counter is a BILLBOARD of Don'ts for the hotel. We were only allowed to breath. The pool was not heated and closed at 6:00. I saw the hotel accross the street open all night. The hallway smells and the staff is rude. We won't be back.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank face1
Orange County, NY
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Beware. The Royal Hawaiian rents to very large rowdy groups. We just spent our last night there with a group of at least 25 (probably more) partying right outside our room and, believe it or not, steps away from the office. Screaming, yelling, swearing. It got really out of control around midnight and we called the office to complain and that is when we found out that the staff leaves and you are on your own overnight. It was so loud and obnoxious that my child was scared, she thought someone was going to break into our room. The next day my husband went to the office and told the manager what had gone on and his response was that we should have left a message on the hotels voice mail and then completely ingnored him from that point on. He was rude and couldn't care less. Also, the room was run down and stinky. No frills either. No shampoo, no coffee for the coffee maker, no ironing board, not even a box of tissues. No washcloths for the entire stay, even though I requested them every day. I had to dust the TV's, lamps and windowsill upon check in. The only luxury was an old dusty blow dryer hanging on the bathroom wall and it didn't work. The pool had some kind of crud floating in it and the pool guy cleaned(?) the pool everyday with one hand while talking on his cell phone with the other. You can imagine how clean it was when he was done. I didn't see the staff hosing anything off outside during my stay. The outside tables were all sticky and dirty and the lounge chairs were full of sand and seagull doo. There's much better accommodations in Wildwood Crest then this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The extremely rude manager.
  • Tips/Secrets — Rent a room somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank ShoreChick59
orange county NY
Reviewed August 3, 2006

We have stayed at the Royal Hawaiian twice Now and have no complaints! Love the inside Childrens Play area for cloudy days or early mornings. My daughter who was 4 the last time we stayed LOVED the place. Would stay again anytime.

• Liked — Ocean front
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family