“Great for Family Fun”

Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 12, 2012

As we arrived on june 28th early morning we were early , we were no expecting to get into our room cause it was 9 am but they got it ready by noon, which was great when we got into the room i noticed a newer updated room it was very nice and very clean, we were meeting my entire family on this trip so everyone was staying there we had a total of 5 rooms , the pool side room that i had was great short walk to the pool and beach, there was familys only, no young teenagers parting which was nice the property was kept very nice, we ended up staying another night cause we were having a great time and we didnt have to change rooms at all , which i thought the man was so nice to do that for us, i dont understand why people put bad reviews for this place i think these people are amazing and they have to deal with all sorts of people i would highly recommend this place for familys or anyone i hope my review helps thanks D guerin

Room Tip: we had a room poolside it was close to the pool and beach
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank watsonmom

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our first stay at the Royal Hawaiian, and we had the type B room, poolside. Although we were first floor, we still had a quiet room. The kitchenette and bathroom were clean, as was our whole room. The kids slept great in their private bedroom with the two double beds. My only small complaint was the duo bed was a bit hard. Other than that, we stepped out of our room, had a beautiful spa in front of us, and large heated pool. Their own private little board walk to the beach was great too. This is a fun, family hotel, with a cute snack/variety shop on the 2nd floor, and lounging area/tiled patio on the 3rd floor. We look forward to coming back, thanks for a great weekend Royal Hawaiian!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

All our family members have stayed at the Royal Hawaiian Resort motel in the past . This year five of our families stayed from July 27th to Aug. 4th for seven wonderful days.We have already made our reservations for next year.All family members found their accommadations to be very clean and comfortable.I also found office staff to be very helpful making reservations at local restaurants for our large family group.Thank you Royal Hawaiian for our great vacation again this year.

Room Tip: Make reservations early in the spring for best locations as my family does each year.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Donald B
Reviewed August 10, 2012

As many guests have claimed what a disappointment this place is, I still love it here! Yes your feet get dirty from many of the guests coming & going from the beach & the maid service is not at your door at 8 am but I love the fact that it has a game room, elevators, a heated pool, a nice jacuzzi with a waterfall, it's on the beach, there's a playground close by & it's a great price for vacation. We've stayed here 5 times, our last trip was in June & we have a trip planned for September. If you're looking to be pampered this isn't the place for you. If you're looking for a retreat close to home to get away from the hussle & bussle of the world and make sweet memories with your children, this is the place. We like to stay here year after year....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jenn256
Reviewed August 8, 2012

What a big disappointment the room was not cheap and expensive too. I work in hospitality and this place needs to take some classes in customer service and putting a smile on their faces when you are greeted and asked a question. The lady at the front desk is not happy to do her job rude, unconcerned, does not greet you. She should not to be a front desk clerk in hospitality she is miserable. Very crowded... Maid service very slow. Parking sucked the spots were so small we had to get out of the car so my husband could park the car. The first day I was there I received a notice on my door if my dog continue to bark and howl I was going to be asked to leave without a refund. They are lucky that did not happen to threaten the first I was there. Bad customer service!!! Your are in HOSPITALITY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT Will not go again!!!!

Room Tip: Do not go here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tricia174
royalhawaiian, Front Office Manager at Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We are very sorry you had a bad expierence. The parking spots are regulation size. As for the crowds it is summer and it should be crowded. Sorry if the front desk woman was not pleasant we do apologize for that. Bringing a pet is a privledge we allow but rules must be followed other people do not want to be disturbed by a dog barking.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I recently stayed two nights at the Royal Hawaiian Resort. But let me just say that this place is far from Royal and no where even close to meeting the standards of a Resort. We entered our room and instanly a foul odor hit us like a brick. It was overwhelming and smelt like mold, beer, cigs, and urine. The carpet had stains and looked like it hadn't been vaccumed in years. And dont even get me started about the bathroom...dear lord it looked like something out of a horror movie. There was no fan...which I have never seen before. And the shower was absolutly NASTY!!! it was black and yellow. We had 5 people in our room and there were only enough towels supplied for 3 people. When I took a shower I wore my flip flops because I was so grossed out. The tub didnt drain either I was standing in filth. Now onto the beds...they were nasty and smelt horrific. it was so bad we went to a near by cvs and spent $70 on sheets and pillows. It was awful the poor kids felt uncomfortable and couldnt even sleep. We had a 4 and a 6 year old and the balcony was very unsafe. It was hot and smelt awful thru out the whole "resort". Also the worst was when my 6 year old niece got into the pool and we were informed by a another guest that there was poop floating near by. I saw it a flipped. I pulled my niece out of the water and was apauled. After reading further reviews I found that this wasnt a rare occurance. ITS HAPPEND SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE??!!! And when it does occur they dont even shut it down they scoop it out and people continue to swim. The maid did squat. all she did was give us clean towels (which had a bad scent) and she didnt even take the trash out...? Well to sum it all up the trip was awful $400 down the drain what a waste. dont even consider this hotel. Sleeping in a tent on the sidewallk would be cleaner than staying in this crap hole.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paige D

We regrett your experience but we are not even sure if you stayed here, because $400.00 for 5 people is not really high. If there was a issue in the pool I am sure it was dealt with properly.
If there was a problem in the room or with your service you just needed to bring it to our attention and the front desk would have dealt with it. The balconies are all regulation but your child should never be outside by themselves. As for the smell outside we can not control that.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have been at this hotel on and off since 1985 with many years inbetween, our last trip was few years ago and it was good, well this time I have to say will be our last unless the owners retire! I had not encountered the same man on the phone in winter that was at the desk yelling that check in wasnt until 3, we knew that and we just moved from another hotel so we were going to beach and wanted to tell him our car is out in lot so dont tow us, ok whatever, so its 2:30 and my teen(18) daughter says im going to see if they have bathrooms to use since we cant get in our room, I said ok just go up to desk and im sure they will have outside rooms for you, so she comes back and says boy was he rude, I asked him where the bathrooms are and he says up in your room where else, I said well this is last time im staying here just crazy he is yelling at 2 different people in my family! finally get to the room it was clean enough for our overnight stay,the beds were horrible though! I also noticed no tissues and no bathroom exhaust fan, and who uses glasses to drink out of anymore, I work in hotel industry and dont see that! me and husband get up early to go walk beach on our way we drop something off in car, there he is checking tags on cars ! didnt get to use the pool this time so I cant say condition, and we will be staying elsewhere as there are many places that the staff happy to have you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Danie44Dar44

Sorry they had a bad expeience but I am not sure who would yell at you. I am here 7 days a week and I am a woman and I tell everyone the same thing, check in is 3:00 and there is a restroom in the game room, please change and go to the beach or pool and enjoy your day.