“Authentic Mexican....And Fabulous Ice Cream Too!”

Bandanas Mexican Grille
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Celebrating 30 years in 2015, Bandanas is a family run, seasonal restaurant in Wildwood Crest. At Bandanas, we live the motto "Love People, Cook Them Tasty Food". We believe that there's a kindness in cooking that sets something good in motion, and we want to share it with you. Everyday we make all of our marinades, sauces and salsas from scratch, with fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices. We seek out high quality meats, fresh-caught local fish, aged natural cheeses,and the season's best Jersey produce. Emphasis is on a lighter, healthier approach to cooking and our menu items are prepared to order. Although we have no liquor license, you may 'bring your own" or try one of our non-alcoholic beers or margaritas to complement your dining. Make sure to save a little rooom for your sweet tooth, and indulge in one of our amazing original ice cream creations. They're sure to bring a smile to your face and make your tastebuds dance! Relax and Enjoy! Open Weekends through June 11, 2015 and then daily beginning Friday, June 12, serving lunch, dinner and dessert. Be sure to check out our Build Your Own Burrito Bar available in season daily til 3 pm. Adios for now!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great authentic mexican food! A must for all mexican cuisine lovers! Don't miss the ice cream on your stroll back from the boardwalk. Just a few short blocks away.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place was walking distance from our hotel so we thought we'd take a break from the boardwalk & try it because it had good reviews. We sat on the curb in front of the resteraunt for an HOUR before we got a table. That was not fun with a few hungry kids. We were seated outside so I never saw the inside of the building. The food was mediocre at best and FAR overpriced. It started to rain while we ate our meal and my husband & son got rained on. I would not go back again and I certainly wouldn't stand outside for an hour to eat here!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I cannot believe the good reviews that this place has received. This has to be one of the worst meals I have ever eaten. I ordered a combination plate hoping to have a tasting of the allegedly delicious food. Wow, my husband and I were very disappointed to say the least. I tried The Three Amigos. It was more like Los Tres Enemigos! The Spanish rice was like none I’ve ever tasted–or hope to ever taste again. There was no spice to anything–even the guacamole. They should just have on the menu–avocado. I had to force myself to eat as much as I could–only because were paying a small fortune. My husbands meal was not much better. If you have ever eaten food in Mexico or anywhere in the Southwest–you will be greatly disappointed in Bandanas.

1  Thank YankeeFan42
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went there for dinner one night and the tables and floor were not clean,the table they put us at was dirty to. the food is ok there are better places down the shore

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the kind of place you hear about and are sorry you missed. Is it the best Mexican food I have ever had? No, but, it is darn good, far better than most. I will absolutely return.This place gets really busy, so call ahead.
The servers are prompt, attentive and always in a good mood.
I had the Filet Mignon Charitas and they were perfectly cooked to my request of medium rare. Very tasty with tasty rice and the guacamole I ordered on the side. I finished every bit of the meal and was full, but, although we were full we could not pass on dessert.
My wife had the shrimp charitas with shrimp and it was equally good.
They are noted for their delicious "real" ice cream, with their many, many flavors. In a cone or a cup, with or without toppings, it's fantastic.