“Imperial 500 is the BEST!”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Imperial 500 is the best hotel in the Crest!!!! We have been staying here for decades! This is family owned and boy do they know how to run a business!! They continuously go out of their way to be sure guests have a perfect stay with them. They always treat guests with patience, respect and kindness, and are more than willing to give you information about sights, restaurants, and activities. If they don't have the information readily available, they will get on the phone and search it out! The grounds and motel are upgraded every year. We anxiously await the surprise upgrade each year that greets us when we arrive. New furniture, carpeting, bathroom fixtures, ceramic floors, granite counters, coffee pots, hair dryers, gas grills, heavy duty ice machines on each floor, elevators, dishes and Keurigs are only some that we have seen throughout the years! The daily Housekeeping service is outstanding. Beds are great with crisp sheets and soft blankets. Bath towels are abundantly provided daily, as are fresh kitchen linens. The parking lot is constantly monitored so only guests are parked and have access to a spot. LOVE, LOVE the sparkling clean saltwater pool!! Imagine not jumping into smelly chlorine filled water, but rather a pool that is soothing, and great for children, swimsuits, and skin!! The pool area is kept immaculately clean, as are the grounds of this motel. The owners take great pride in maintaining the property and it is obvious. The coin operated washer/dryers are clean and also well kept. It is nice to have access right on the property to an arcade and pool table and the deck binoculars to view the ocean is just great! Shuffleboard and horseshoes are available at no cost. This is truly a spectacular place to stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bella8892
There are newer reviews for Imperial 500 Motel

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family has been vacationing in Wildwood Crest for the past twenty-four years. Before selecting a place to stay my wife, being a clean buff, visited a number of motels and selected the Imperial 500 as being the cleanest. After deciding we asked if there were any vacancies and were lucky to get an efficiency for two nights. That three day stay has turned into our favorite annual vacation spot for our family. We have found the Imperial an extraordinary place to spend an enjoyable and relaxing two weeks plus each year. What started out as a vacation for my wife and I and our two year old daughter and infant son has mushroomed into annual vacation for us, our daughter and her husband and three year old daughter, and two other of our close friends and their families. Over the years we have come to know many of the other guests who usually vacation during the same time as we do each year. The Imperial 500 is in the true sense of the word a family motel..a place where family and friends meet for an unforgetable and fun time.

The Imperial 500 staff are always there to serve you. We have come to know the owners and their family all of who are cordial and make you feel welcomed. No matter what your background all are respected and in return have observed that most guests respect the motel property.

We just returned home from our two week stay at the Imperial and for anyone who is looking for the best place in Wildwood Crest to spend some leisure time I would recommend the Imperial 500 in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs all rooms are good. Make your reservations early in the year as rooms get bo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carl S
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Want a place that treats you like family? This IS the place to be! For the past 8 years I have been coming here and it's nothing but the best hospitality you can find! Love it!! Clean, friendly, new things every year, same faces every year... Just lovin it!! See ya next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pia467
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Last year was my family's first time at the Imperial 500. My family has been vacationing in Wildwood Crest for decades, and we decided to take a break from the couple of motels we usually stay at. I chose the Imperial for our family based on the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor and other websites. The motel staff is extremely friendly, welcoming and gracious. The hotel is absolutely immaculate -- I honestly do not believe there is a cleaner place to stay in the Wildwoods. The grounds are meticulously kept, and the pool area provides a fun and welcoming place to hang out. Yes- people leave beach towels on the lounge chairs to reserve them -- and whether that is rude or not, that is just the way it is. It happens at every motel/hotel and in any vacation spot. It is par for the course, and if someone is offended by that, perhaps they should vacation on an island somewhere, or at a more exclusive resort hotel, where you can reserve your own chairs/cabanas.

The rooms are always well kept and clean. The carpets are very clean, as are the linens and towels. The towels are standard size, and I believe the same size towels any hotel/motel in the Wildwoods provides. The tiny kitchenette is fine. You are on vacation, for about a week's stay...most people do not cook large meals 3x a day while on vacation. For quick and easy meals to whip up for the times you do not feel like going out to eat, the kitchen serves its purpose. I would never expect a motel at the Jersey Shore -- or anywhere for that matter to provide top of the line kitchen appliances and gadgets for my stay. I have those at home, and cook at home for my family, I wouldn't expect or need those things on my vacation. If I did feel that the quality of the kitchen was that important, and especially if I was traveling with a large group, I'd opt to rent a home for a week, rather than stay in a motel.

We called to book our room in March this year- and whichever woman helped me on the phone was more than accomadating and friendly. I was able to get a room on the second floor, as requested... and my family, who also needed an additional 3 rooms, called a month later or so- and again- the person who helped them was very professional and accomadating, despite us calling later in the winter than we probably should have.

Quite frankly, the few negative reviews I've read on here are ridiculous. The complaints are pathetic. Obviously this large family is just trying to make low blows because they feel slighted by the owners at the Imperial. From one family to another, that is so wrong. I have absolutely NO times to the owners of this motel. I am returning to the Imperial at the end of August, and this will be my family's second time there. I don't even know the owners by name... I went on Tripadvisor this afternoon because I am getting excited for our trip, and was curious to read more wonderful reviews of this motel. I was shocked to see the negative posts.. but once I read further and could tell immediately they were all from the same crew, it angered me. This year, not only is my family and my parents returning to the Imperial, another two familes are coming down with us, around the same time, whom also have been vacationing in the Crest for decades, and are very excited to stay at this motel for the first time.

The Imperial offers a great value, vacation and welcoming stay for the price. I could not be happier with this motel, and cannot wait for August 26th to get here so I can enjoy another lovely family vacation at this motel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristen N
Reviewed August 3, 2013

There is only one window air conditioner in the back bedroom, and it is loud and drips water on your suitcase. The front living area is hot and humid and you always feel sticky. Once you arrive, it takes a full 24 hours for the fridge to get cold, this is not very safe for your food. People put towels on the lounge chairs, then go to the beach all day and this leaves many people with no where to sit. I like salt water pools and they have one; however the pool is too crowded. The MOST DISGUSTING part of this hotel, are the people who smoke in the pool area while you're trying to relax. The owners who are rude to begin with, will go crazy if you bring pretzels for your children to the pool area; however people can blow second hand smoke all they want. There is an ashtray by every lounge chair, its gross. Sorry, but its true!!

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank 333col
imperial500motel, Owner at Imperial 500 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

This review would be another one from the same family who is upset they could not have all the rooms they wanted this year. As an owner of this establishment, if ashtrays were not provided, people would just put their cigarettes out on the ground, and we are too clean for that. All our rooms are non-smoking. And it's not quite as bad as they make it seem. When in the wildwoods, all I can say is stop by. Take these reviews for what they are. Ridiculous and revengeful. It's a real shame after all these years this family would stoop to this level after 20 plus years of staying with us without a complaint. this just goes to show how these reviews are nothing more then a way to try and hurt us, unfortunately for them our true loyal customers know how we do things here.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Until this year, my family had stayed at the Imperial 500 for over 20 years. At first we felt welcome and Ann was happy to take our reservations. We used to be able to reserve our dates for the next year when we checked out. A few years ago, we were notified that we would have to call on January 1st or send a letter to reserve our rooms. One year Ann even called my Dad because she had not heard from us and wanted to make sure we reserved our rooms. As the years went by, the warm feeling of being welcomed, deteriorated.

A few years ago, Jimmy heard my family discussing if we should find another place, as Joe had been very rude to us. Jimmy spoke up and said, “please don’t go. Ann and Joe will be retiring and Jackie and I will be taking over. We don’t want to lose your business”, one reason we stayed.

When we were checking out last year, Ann and Jackie, rudely told me we would have to start staggering our check-in-check-out dates, as cleaning 7 rooms on the same day and in the same part of the motel was too much. Really? Isn’t that their business? Ann said their maids are assigned to certain rooms and 7 was too much for one maid. I did put it out there that she could pull a maid from another room assignment to help. Jackie basically had a tantrum that she would have to help clean rooms. Again, isn’t that their business? And quite frankly, very unprofessional to put their business operation dilemmas on a paying guest on the last day of their vacation.

As for the accommodations, the rooms and pool area were kept clean. I guess it is a personal choice whether to like chlorinated or salt water pools. I personally go to beach for my salt water and prefer my pool chlorinated. Yes, there was always an issue with the holding of chairs. Guests would put a towel on a chair first thing in the morning and head to the beach! So RUDE!

13 years ago, we lost our Mom. We continued to go to Wildwood Crest, as that was a tradition she started. My Mom and Dad always had the same room. It held many memories for my Dad. This year on Jan 2nd, Ann received our letter for ‘staggered’ rooms and dates. She called to tell me, they were all booked up and she would only be able to accommodate one of the requests. What happened to loyalty? I had to tell my 90 year old Dad that he would not be able to stay in the room where he had so many memories of my Mom. SHAME ON YOU ANN! I assured my Dad that we would still go to Wildwood Crest and the memories we have are not at the Imperial 500, but held in our hearts. We did book another motel and as God would have it, he called my Dad home on June 19th. Two days before he passed he asked me if we were going to Wildwood and I promised him we were. I didn’t know he would not be with us. How sad he had to wonder why after all this time, Ann turned her back on us. I honestly still don’t know. The family got too big? Isn’t that guaranteed business for the next generation?

Well my family did go to Wildwood this summer. And we did have a very nice time although we missed Pop every minute. As we have 3 new babies in the family, our Wildwood tradition will continue with the next generation, and will never look back at the Imperial 500.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Caroline M
imperial500motel, Owner at Imperial 500 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

As one of the owners of the Imperial 500 Motel, I am responding to these negative reviews. This family who has stayed with us for many generations had grown to big for us to accommodate their room needs. All the negative reviews from Mark W, Becky WH, and Caroline are all from the same family, and there are several more to come I am sure as this is a very large family.
As all our customers know January 2nd is the first day for reservations, we do not take them year to year, and that day we fill a good deal of rooms for July and August. This family sent a letter which we received on January 3rd and all the rooms they requested were not available. But we did our best to make things work for them and for that we are being accused of not being loyal.
I am very sorry we could not accommodate this family as they have been loyal customers and we always treated them with respect and kindness. At times we may have been considered rude to them warranted it. Such as playing wiffle ball in the room, tying rope around the room and hanging wet dripping clothes from it, Putting a fry pan in the back room and cooking bacon on the night stand for 35 people and getting bacon grease on our new bed spreads walls and new rugs, etc. As for asking them to stager their check outs, yes we did ask because, the rooms were so messy when they left it took to long to clean them all on the same day. Aside from these issues we still greeted them with a smile and treated them as Imperial family members. I will say I am sincerely very sorry to hear about their dad as he was a very special man and we did care for him and their family.
As a family who always would come in an constantly say I love you, and who were so Christian like, I never thought they would stoop to the level of lies, and posting reviews to hurt a family business just because they could not all be accommodated at the same time. We tried to give them accommodations that worked for us but it did not fit their demands. As stated before, if things were so bad here, why did they return for so many years. As I am not a revengeful person, all I can say to all of them is if they want to continue with these ridiculous reviews that is fine this is the last one I will respond to as our loyal customers know how we are. I again will say, I am truly sorry for not being able to meet their request for rooms, but it was not done because we wanted to hurt them. As loyal customers they know how hard it is to get rooms here year after year as most of our customers are repeats, and always try to get their same rooms for the same week. Giving more rooms to them only takes rooms away from other guests, and allowing them to put more and more people in their rooms puts to much wear and tare on the rooms. I wish all of them the best and hope they continue with the family tradition of coming to the Wildwoods, I only wish they could have been more understanding. We had other customers with the same situation but they were all understanding and still stop in to say hello when they are in town. It would have been nice to have had them stop in and tell us about your father, instead we had to hear from a ridiculous review.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Conveniently located 1 block from the beach. Basic amenities included, with a few extras. Clean, neat and friendly. Close to Wildwood and Cape May.
Very homey feeling. We've been going there for years. It's our #1 choice.

• Stayed: July 2013