“Great Family Trip”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This Motel is by far one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Our family of four (kids ages 5 and 7) stayed Labor Day weekend. I booked this hotel based solely on the reviews I read on trip advisor as I haven't been to the Jersey Shore since I was a kid. It did not dissapoint! It was CLEAN and very well maintained, the staff was great and we were close to everything. You could not beat the price! A great value. My kids LOVED the pool and deck area.

We booked a two bedroom, one bath and were on the 3rd floor, and had a un-obstructed view of the ocean. Housekeeping left "towel animials" on the bed everyday for my kids. NIce touch!!!

It is close to restaurants and the boardwalk, but we did drive to these places. I had researched the area so we were prepared for this.

I have read the reviews regarding the rules posted around the property, but when you see how well maintained and clean the property is I can't understand how anyone wouldn't want to abide by these rules! It will only make your stay more enjoyable and the rules, in my opinion, were pretty consistent with rules posted at any public pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rmcasanta
There are newer reviews for Imperial 500 Motel

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've read the reviews about how people think there are too many rules -- that they shouldn't walk on the grass or hang towels from the railings, or be loud. I say, "Be respectful of someone else's property!" We've been going to almost 10 years, and the owners take extreme pride in owning an establishment that is respected by those who come. Noise is taken to a lower level after 11:00 p.m., children are asked to not wander around, and not run up and down the concrete stairs or up and down the elevators, a clothes line is available for wet towels, etc. I certainly wouldn't act disrespectful at home, nor would I tolerate my children to do it...so why is it when you go on vacation, you think you can just "let loose!" Teach your children how to respect others and their property, make them say "please" and "thank you," etc. Don't blame others for being intolerable or yours and your children's actions if you dont' have manners to begin with! The owners here do a fantastic job of making sure our stay is pleasant and fabulous...and we bring 22 of us down with 1/2 of them under the age of 12, and we obey the rules because...quite frankly...it's not my house. I obey the rules because I'm respectful, and so are my children. And we get a little rowdy after 11, Jimmy comes out and let's us know, and we respectfully pipe down because there are other patrons around us, as well.

4  Thank Rhonda2214
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The rooms and property was one of the cleanest in Wildwood Crest. The owners and staff were very nice and accomodating, especially with questions, directions and use of facilities. They really do care! All I can say is I will not stay anywhere else, Thank you we had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank John C
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our vacation was perfect thanks to the wonderful staff and accommodations. Our only gripes would be that the smoking policies on the property are a little lacks and the pool hours. My husband smokes so I'm not a prude but our little one has a lung condition so we take great care in limiting his exposure at home. This was difficult at times at the motel but anytime we explained his situation to another guest they were more than willing to respect our concerns. The pool closing at 7 wasn't a big deal until the kids realized that the pool across the street at another hotel closed at 10, but there was plenty of other things for them to do to keep them occupied. The facility layout encourages guest to "hang out" and we made many new friends. This facility is so clean and it is very easy to see that the owners really care about their property and the guest. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Imperial 500 and can not wait to come back next summer, it is definitely our home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank JennDuggs08
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family and friends have gone to the Imperial 500 Motel for 17 years! It's a great place to stay. It's always clean and the owners are always present and friendly. Every year we return excited to see what has been updated and new. They never dissapoint. The rooms are always kept in excellant shape.If your looking for a great family friendly place to stay, youv'e found it right here!

2  Thank joan m
Reviewed August 31, 2012

In life, it is nice to know one thing is constantly improving, and that is the "Imperial 500 Motel". Our family has been vacationing there for years. The owners are welcoming and adhere to the principle of "what can we do to make your stay here more comfortable". Every year an update is made to this hotel. ex: new appliances, restorations and more. You can see that the staff takes pride in what they do and it shows. In this day and age it is great to come back to a family who makes you feel welcome and invites you into their home.

Did I just say home? Yes, and while we were staying at the Imperial 500 Motel, I could not help but notice a group of young adults continously entering one of the hotel rooms (max. 4 person occupancy). The young adults carried in great amounts (several trips) of alcohol and luggage. They were excessively loud and stood out of place in a family hotel. Guests of the hotel could not help but notice their actions. Actions speak for themselves as they say. Fortunately, for the many quests of the hotel, the owners took steps to keep a spiraling situation under control. The staff at the Imperial 500 Motel can continue to manage and offer a safe evironment to all their quests. Thank you for containing this situation and making us feel safe and right at home.

2  Thank joan p
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This year I vacationed at the Imperial 500 Motel, just like the last 20 years. Once again I was not disappointed. The owners and staff treat you like family as well as always ask what can they do for you. I wish it was August 2013 so I would be back there again. This place is the best.

2  Thank Daniel P