“Not as good as I thought”
Review of Imperial 500 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Imperial 500 Motel
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Not as good as I thought”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was not as good as i thought it would be. I thought that this hotel would be alot better than it was. Would i stay here again probably not... I perfer the Atrache.

• Stayed August 2011
10 Thank Jordyboo11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
pa
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just returned home from Wildwood Crest and staying at the Imperial 500 Motel. The motel was a very nice shore motel. Our accommodations were clean and roomy. But, it was the friendly atmosphere that pleased us the most. At some point, almost everyone sat on their chairs outside of the room and you got to know your "neighbors". The pool was clean and well maintained, the kids loved it. There were a lot of grills available for barbequing. We stayed on the 3rd floor and enjoyed the view of the ocean. The only complaint I would have is that the bathroom was quite small for a family. Overall, I would recommend this motel if you are headed to Wildwood.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view of the ocean.
5 Thank gusmmp
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I stayed for a few days at this motel while on vacation from England. This is a first class motel, friendly staff, great service with the owners really trying hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Everything was spotlessly clean. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Wildwood.

1 Thank stobgarbh
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel was by far, the best place to stay at the shore!!!!! My family and I have been comming to wildwood for a while and this was our first time staying at the Imperial! Everything about the hotel was excellent! Very, very clean!!!!!! The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional! If you are looking for a nice family vacation or a couples get-a-way, this hotel is by far the best!

1 Thank Jackie B
New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have seen the Imperial 500 for many years walking past on my way to the boardwalk and always marveled at how well maintained this very retro and very cool looking Mid-Century Motel has been kept. I came down for just a night to see the Kenny Chesney concert on the beach and was able to book a room here. First off, the hospitality here is warm and genuine. Check in was swift and upon entering my room I was greeted to what appears to be a recently renovated room. The room was a good size and had the largest bathroom I have seen in a hotel/motel in Wildwood. I can't speak enough about the cleanliness of the room, I have stayed at places that charge $100+ a night more but none were this spotless, the maids were even disinfecting the door handles while making their rounds. The room was very nice, new carpeting, flat screen TV, very nice updated tile bathroom, and comfortable chairs on the balcony.

The grounds of the motel are equally well maintained. They have a BBQ, Shuffleboard, Pool Tables, a Game Room, and a beautiful Salt Water pool with an 8' deep end and diving board. The location is good, you have a clear view to the beach as there is a park in front of the motel but you do have to cross 1 road to get there. The boardwalk and several places to eat are only a short walk and the Crest bike path is right across the street.

All in all I can't think of one thing I don't like about this place. It's clean, the location is good, it's updated, the staff is extremely friendly, and finally it's a great example of the mid-century architecture that makes Wildwood famous. A true "Doo-Wop" gem. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you can get one of the rooms that face East towards the ocean, go for it!
4 Thank BeachBumGreg
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is probably one of the best you will find not only in Wildwood, but in New Jersey! As soon as you walk in you are greeted with friendly, smiling faces. The rooms are sooo clean, and newly renovated. The pool area is great with a salt water pool, shuffle board court, and pool tables!! The location is amazing, right across the street from the beach and a park that has occasional concerts. All in all, this place is one of the best and as a lifetime Wildwooder I highly HIGHLY recommend this place!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach have a great view of the ocean, bike path, and Wildwood's DooWop hotel...
3 Thank isabella87912
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The title says it all. I have stayed in alot of places and by far this was the very best place ever!!! I really mean that! From the moment of your first call to the time you leave, it was a very pleasant and amazing experience. This made our whole vacation relaxing. Everyone of the people that ran the Imperial 500 was awesome from the office to the housekeeping and ground workers. Everyone was so very helpful, if you didn't know something, anyone of the them was there to help. I have been going to Wildwood for years and the office staff told me things that would make our trip easier in 5 mins. then I have learned in 20 years. My mom and daughter wanted to go to Atlantic City for a day and catch a show, but the other part of the family didn't. I asked the office for any suggestions on how we could get them to Atlantic City, the owners dropped everything they were working on and made a ton of calls, looked at brochures, gave me directions, found out the times the New Jersey Transit was running to Atlantic City. My goodness who would do that for you, they did!!!! Let me tell you they are very busy people in that office, but they handle it all with grace and never once did you get a look or a noise you were bothering them, they made you feel like you were the only person there. AMAZING The hotel is so clean and everything is so nice. The rooms were spotless, not even a speck of sand, (unless you bring it in) but the housekeeping is there right away to clean it up. AWESOME And what was truly Absolutely awesome and amazing, we left on Saturday morning and the office wasn't opened yet, I gave our room keys to one of the ground workers to give to the office. Our key deposit was in our mailbox first thing Monday morning!!! The deposit almost beat us home, and as you are aware No mail delivery on Sunday. They are right on it and the most organized business I have ever seen, and I might add they do everything by hand, they don't even use a computer, because they want everything visable and don't want to make any mistakes or have a computer shut down. Like I said Absoultely awesome & amazing is what they are!! The next generation is just as good, I had the pleasure of meeting the owners daughter and she is just as helpful and nice as they are and she is learning at a very young age. Which is very encouraging, because then I know that my family and I have found a place for a very long time. Thank You Imperial 500 for everything!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, they all have a great view.
3 Thank 1JMT