“wonderful experience”

Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Ramsey, New Jersey
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We would go back again and again. They had clean rooms,a friendly and informative staff and close to everything. The beach is prestine and right outside the door. The boardwalk is two blocks away and cape may is near too. We loved our stay.

Room Tip: book early. Any room is good especially the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cairo, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I have been going to Wildwood Crest for many years and staying at the same Motel until last year. This year we decided to try the Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort and "OH BOY" are we glad we did. First I must say that the Manager Alan and Jana were most welcoming to me and my family. Not only did our room fit me, my Husband and my daughter Noele and our 2 granddaughters most comfortably and with room to spare..The kitchenette was great along with the bathroom which I may say was roomy enough to fit most of our toiletries. About the pool, well I am slightly handicapped and the step down to the pool had gradual steps with wide steps to keep my balance along with railings so I was able to go into the pool with ease. I went to the pool every day with much enjoyment. The Resort also has a restaurant connected but separately owned at the resort that served breakfast, lunch, dinner and I must say a diversified menu that would accommodate all tastes and Rick is always there to please he even made Mickey Mouse silver dollar pancakes for my granddaughters. So you know there are rules to protect your children from harm while in the pool and there was a lifeguard named Manny on duty to make sure all goes well, he was sweet. We even played movie trivia with him while in the pool "what fun" Our maid Marabel was so professional and friendly along with all the staff. We of coarse went to the Boardwalk every night and there are 3 piers for everyone enjoyment. We ate at the Ravioli House the first night and would highly recommend it for dinner. If you like Chinese Food, we recommend :The Dragon House for dinner, the food is *****. We are making the Crusader our forever family place to visit each year from now on. We booked for next year already. Try it and you will see for yourself....

Room Tip: Room 5 if you have small children and need a efficiency.. We had room type 5 poolside which for us w...
1 Thank Anne B
Alan S, General Manager at The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Oh my goodness! Thank you from all us at the Crusader. I know the staff surely enjoyed having you, your family and friends as our guests. As for Jana and myself, welcome to the Crusader Family.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your most needed vacation and look forward to seeing you all again.

On a personal note we will all pray for your good health and a speedy and just recovery from "Super Storm Sandy" for your friends.

Thank you from all of us at 'The Cru".

Warmest Regards,
Alan
Lumberton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I love the Crusader Hotel! We have stayed there for several years and have had a great experience each time. The rooms are very nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is not far to the boardwalk and the beach access is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms that are numbered 103, 104, 203, 204, and 303, 304 are quieter and have less foot traffic outs...
Lumberton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I just returned from our 10 night stay at the Crusader Resort. This was our 4th straight year staying at the Crusader. This year we were fortunate enough to get an Oceanfront Efficiency Suite. We had a great time as always. The room was clean, comfortable, and up to date. Every morning when we went to the beach, we would stick the "service requested" tag in the door. When we returned for lunch a few hours later, the room was already cleaned! I've stayed in many hotels over the years in Wildwood and many of them do a lousy job at cleaning the rooms. But I can honestly say the staff at the Crusader does an outstanding job of cleaning the rooms each and every day. So please remember to tip your maid. They deserve it!

I was especially pleased to see that wire screening has been installed overhead in the parking garage to keep the seagulls and pigeons out. In years past, if you parked in the garage, your vehicle would get dirty from the droppings of seagulls and pigeons that were nesting up in the steel beams. This year that's not a problem so kudos to the owner/manager for addressing that. Our vehicle was as clean when we left as it was when we arrived.

For anyone who's visiting Wildwood for the first time, I highly recommend staying at the Crusader. It's a well maintained resort. It's oceanfront location is ideal for families with small children. We definitely intend to continue staying at the Crusader when vacationing in Wildwood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alan S, General Manager at The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. And, actually, it was your sixth stay in four years. we appreciate your loyalty.

Yes, the garage was a bone of contention with us as well and we are very pleased to say that we are bird free in the kindest way to our fine feathered friends.

I have shared your kind words with the staff and they are most appreciative as I am.

Thank you, and we look forward to having you and your family as our guests next year (remember to "Roll Back").

Best Regards,

Alan
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in many shore hotels.The rooms and pool were very clean. Staff was exceptional! We arrived at 9 am in the morning with no reservation and wanted a two night stay. Check in was 3pm. Jana allowed us to check into our room right away. We extended our stay one more day but had to move to another room. We were told that we could switch rooms around 12:30 pm. We got a knock on our door at 10 am telling us that we could move to the other room. It was so clean and the oceanfront view was wonderful. All staff members were hospitable and accommodating. Location was great also. I would highly recommend the Crusader and will make it my top choice when returning to Wildwood Crest.

Room Tip: Room 105 on the end, ocean view was great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Crusader, we are so pleased that you did and just as pleased we were able to accommodate you for an additional night. I hope that we have the pleasure of your company again and again.

Our best regards to you both.
...the Crusader staff and management.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a very nice time here. All of the staff was extremely nice and accommodating. Extremely clean compared to any other place we had stayed at in wildwood. The pool was perfect and maintained every night. We would be happy to stay there again...

Laurel, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our first trip to Wildwood and def not our last. We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Crusader. Our stay was excellent. The rooms were clean and represented very well by the pictures. When we arrived our room had a fridge that was not working and we were quickly upgraded to a better room with a fridge that was working! Jana was a excellent help to us and made sure that all of the food we brought with us didn't spoil. We would def stay again. I noticed in one review that someone complained about smoking outside? We as smokers APPRECIATED the designated ashtrays, chairs and tables for smoking OUTSIDE. Where else would you expect smokers to smoke/ Ruining ocean air? come on now? That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. THANK YOU CRUSADER RESORT, for allowing smokers their given right to smoke outside where it is by law allowed. We appreciate you, your resort, and everything you do. We even got breakfast from your restaurant one morning it was great. Can't wait to come back again and visit.

Room Tip: Def choose a suite if you can
1 Thank Cryschase