Our family has our reunion every two years. We have always stayed at the Crusader. We booked our rooms months in advance for our reunion this year. We are a very large family and take up almost the whole hotel. We always let management know that there will be noise and games held outside. This year was no different. Management, however, decided to rent out the few rooms that were left to others. We can't blame them. Times are tough, however, they didn't inform the renters of our reunion and the amount of people we had.
So here is the problem .It was very annoying and not necessary. There is a large patio area that we use outside of the pool area, This is where we set up our corn hole tournament which consisted of four boards, Evidently management rented out the room closest to the game area. They complained of the noise of the games and management told us at 8;30 that we had to stop because people were leaving, It was only the couple in the room next to our game area. We don't know why they would rent out that room when there was others available that was no where near where we were.
This happened two nights in a row. I felt like we were being bullied by the manager and treated very unfairly. We paid for our time. No one else complained. In fact they said that they couldn't even hear us. We were only playing corn hole, There was no foul language. We had all ages playing young to old. We felt like it ruined our weekend with his constant watching us. People come from all over the country for our reunion. Lucky for us two years from now we found a new place just two doors down that is more than glad to have our business in this tough economy.
We will not be going back to the Crusader ever. The noise ordinance said 11 pm to 7am was quiet time. Management started on us @ 5;30 the second night. Never again. They have lost a huge amount of money..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort is located directly on the beach in beautiful Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Here you will find the cleanest, whitest expanse of sandy beaches on the entire East Coast. There is surfing and water sports nearby and we boast the best amusement boardwalk on the coast featuring Morey's Amusement Piers and Water Parks within walking distance. Our 40+ year reputation is a benchmark in cleanliness and hospitality. We look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crusader Oceanfront Family Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Crusader Oceanfront Family Hotel