“We Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“We Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I have been staying down the shore for forever. This is the first time we stayed in the Crest. Adamo and his family are wonderful. I always look for little things, little touches that make a place special. I don't want to feel like a number, but like making personal relationships. This motel and the sister ones all do that. Coffee and cookies in the morning, the family party Sunday night, and remembering little things about my kids all made the stay awesome. It's a cute, clean and friendly place. We will be back here every year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed with 2 of my friends at the Aztec Motel from July 29-August 1 and it was a great experience. The motel is located really close to the beach and to the boardwalk (about a 5-10 minute walk), and is also within walking distance of several restaurants and stores. The room, while small (we got the simplest, cheapest option) was very clean, cozy, updated, and very nicely decorated. The staff and owner were so friendly and helpful with check-in and with any questions we had. They even agreed to let us keep our bags in the lobby behind the check-in counter after we did check-out since our bus was going to be later in the evening, and helped us call a taxi to the bus terminal. The location was quiet, and we never heard our next-door neighbors. Would definitely recommend staying here if you're on a trip to Wildwood!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Based on the great reviews I saw on Tripadvisor, I booked a 5 day stay for my family at the Aztec. I'm glad that I did, we had a great experience. First, the hotel is located only 1 block from the beach and 4 blocks from the end of the boardwalk. In addition, it is obvious that the owners care a great deal about their hotel. While it is not new, everything is exceptionally clean and well maintained. Every member of the staff that I encountered was very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice and used daily by my family. We even spent a lovely evening on the upper deck, grilling steaks and watching the sun set. My husband and I appreciated the free coffee (and cookies) in the morning. The only drawback is that our room was rather small. Overall, I am very pleased with our stay at the Aztec. We will be back next year.

1 Thank ShelleVan
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited for four nights with our 9 yr old and 2 yr old. The rooms were very clean.The maids do an excellent job. The staff was very friendly.The pool was nice and warm:) The only negative was that our efficiency room felt a little cramped for our family of 4 but we made it work. I would definitely stay here again!!

1 Thank KarieC81
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this motel. What a cool place. I never saw staff clean as much as here. The pool was great, plus choice of two other pools next door. Only two block from beach and walking distance to many restaurants. Coffee and tea available in the morning and cookies! I will definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the third (top) floor, it's 2 flights of stairs, but quiet.
1 Thank Janice O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited for 3 nights. Friday-Monday. We were traveling for the first time with our 4 month old baby and our 3 year old. We were a little picky and concerned when choosing a hotel. We wanted to find something #1 clean, #2 location, #3 budget friendly. I can say that this is definitely the place for all 3. We called to make our reservation and got a better deal directly then through a booking sight. We stayed in an efficacy which was best for our needs. The room wasnt too spacious but we moved a table, chairs and mirror and our travel crib fit nicely. The room was very clean and tidy. Which was very important to us while staying somewhere with our young children. The maid cleaned every day and did a wonderful job. The location was excellent. We were far enough away from the bars and nightlife to feel safe and family friendly, while still being a few blocks from the boardwalk. The only things I would have changed is the tub and sinks do not have a plug. Unfortunitly my 3 year old refuses a shower and I felt it was too tiny of a shower and unsafe to take my 4 month old in with me. So my children had sponge baths which didn't wash all of the sand off of them very well. The atmospher outside was very relaxing and well kept. However like with any motel the noise of people sitting or walking outside can be herd and woke my children a few times. The only suggestion or thing I would change is that there are no hooks. There is only one towl bar. So in the bathroom I had nowhere to put my clean clothing. Also by the sink had nothing to put a towl to dry our hands. Also the bathroom window had a broken lock which made us a little uneasy about break-ins. It's a small window tho. If someone tiny came in we hopped someone would notice however the window is in the back of the building and very empty. I would reccomend this motel to anyone. This will definitely be our spot while visiting the area!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Apeebuns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I never realized that pictures in a bathroom were an important part of a vacation stay in a room. Also if the airconditioner wasn't working properly why in the world would you have not gone in and told the owners? Whenever I had a problem with a refrigerator or airconditioner in my room I would let adam know and within the hour it was replaced. I'm sure if you asked for hangers they would have given you whatever you needed. As far as the bathroom goes that hotel has been there for over 55 years. Rome was built in a day and the owners have been updating as fast as they can. I have seen a major change for the best I might add in this hotel. I should know. Spent every summer from the age of 4 til now at each and everyone of the hotels owned by the adam and his family. I have enjoyed each and evvery stay. Great job to you and your friendly welcoming staff. Can't wait for the season to start.

• Stayed April 2013