Just spent another FABULOUS week+ at the Tangiers! (8/24-9/1) My family and I have been staying here for 20+ years…The recent owners, Bruce and Arlene are the best! We never feel like clients but more like family.
I must comment on some things from other reviewers…
This hotel is a throwback to the Doo Wop era…the architecture is super cool. Yes, the bathrooms are dated but, think retro..pink and black tile? yes! :)…but more importantly they are CLEAN! and if you should ever have an issue with cleanliness or linens the housekeeping staff is more than happy to accommodate as are Bruce and/or Arlene..the rooms themselves are a good size for up to 4 people, 2 standard beds, if you have four adults or teens you should consider two rooms as you would in any other hotel. That said, I will say, if you intend to spend ALL of your summer vacation in Wildwood in your room then maybe a shore vacation is not for you.
But, if you are like me and want to stay where you feel welcomed (and welcomed back) where you can lounge by the pool, grill up a burger, play some ping pong, walk a block to the beach, catch a trolley to the boardwalk or simply relax than the Tangiers is for you.
They also have great specials throughout the season, and a beautiful gift shop (that has anything you may have forgotten, tooth paste, etc.) as well as souvenirs.
Also on the property is the Doo Wop Coffee Shop, open for breakfast and lunch and nightly for ice cream.
Jason and his staff are wonderful, warm and friendly. The food is spectacular! So much more than standard fare…you have to try it!
Already booked for next year, it can’t come soon enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family oriented motel with a great location, just across the street from the beautiful Wildwood Crest Beach. We have a host of amenities to make your vacation great. Onsite Doo Wop Coffee Shop that serves breakfast, lunch, Ice cream and other delicious treats. Shuffle board, large swimming pool, guest laundry facilities, fax service, outdoor natural gas grills and more. The gift shop is chock full of gifts and basic beach necessities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tangiers Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tangiers Motel Wildwood Crest
- Tangiers Hotel Wildwood Crest