“Pleasantly surprised in Wildwood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Armada By-the-Sea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Armada By-the-Sea
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Jersey Shore
“Pleasantly surprised in Wildwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Armada By The Sea in Wildwood Crest, NJ during the first week of September. This was actually our second stay at this motel. We also stayed there last year during the same week. The motel is very well kept, very clean and comfortable. The location could NOT be better. It is on the beach in beautiful Wildwood Crest. It is just a short drive to the big boardwalk, close enough to see, far enough not to hear. The staff at the motel is very good, and as I already said the motel is very clean. The attention to detail is everywhere you look, from the koi pond, to the immaculate pool. The place is cleaned from top to bottom. The rooms are spacious with ceiling fans and a/c. There is a sense of pride everywhere you look, and they have good reason to be proud. This is what a family owned/operated business should be. As far as we are concerned, it is THE place to stay in Wildwood.

Room Tip: Our rooms both years overlooked the pool and they were great. Nice view and an excellent breeze all...
2 Thank deansjerseygirl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews and arrived after Labor Day. Upon arrival, the entry to the lobby smelled heavenly, was bright and employed extremely friendly front desk service. We were on the 3rd floor in a suite which when we entered was very clean and accommodating. Bathrooms are a bit on the small side but we were able to manage fine. The Armada is a relatively small and simple hotel in the Crest. They have no gift shops, restaurants, fitness room or even an arcade, but they did have a laundry room, 2 very nice sun decks with plenty of seating and space and a nice large grill by the pool. The pool area is a bit tight, but we were there after Labor Day so the pool area was never really full. I will say that the pool was very well maintained, the pool guy was there every morning and night for quite a while cleaning it and doing what needs to be done. It was opened promptly by 9am and closed by 7pm.
Although we can tell it is a pretty old hotel, I have to give the owners and employees a thumbs up on keeping everything working well, clean and maintaining an overall good appearance. There was always someone picking up something, sweeping and cleaning, they never stopped.
The only thing I found a bit odd, was that no where in our room was a clock radio so we never knew what time it was unless I looked at my watch. And they can also keep a couple of extra pillows in the room, I brought my own so I was able to give mine up. Other than that, if your looking for a clean, simple hotel right on the ocean you might want to give this place a shot. I would recommend it!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I have been going to Wildwood, New Jersey for years. We always stay in the Crest. I have never stayed at the Armada before. Not for any particular reason, just never have. This year we decided to stay there. I am glad that we did.The hotel was great. It was clean, up-to-date and everything we expected. Recently we have been disappointed with the hotels in the area. Many need to renovate. This is not the case with the Armada. It was perfect. The rooms were very nice. The bathrooms are modernized and there is a/c in both the front and back rooms. The staff in the office were friendly and provided suggestions whenever we asked. The housekeeping staff worked hard.If we needed something, they provided it without any hesitation.The location is great. It is Oceanfront and across from a park.The only complaint is the parking.(like every other hotel) Sometimes it was hard to find a parking spot we could actually fit into. Some cars did not have the parking permit displayed and occasionally the trucks parked over the lines.That should be monitored more often. But overall, a great experience!! I am happy that we found a place to go to that is clean and up to date.
My family and I will be returning to the Armada next summer!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Moe D
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels in Wildwood Crest and Armada by the Sea has been the best. All the employees I encountered were friendly, but more important is that the room and property were very clean. It's obvious the owners take pride and keep this place clean, something you don't always so easily find in Wildwood. Heated pool was truly heated and very clean and spacious. I saw several people taking advantage of the on-site grill, which was a decent size. bike racks were available also.

Negatives - and I mean this lightly. Like most properties parking can be a pain. We were off-season so it was fine, but I could see in the height of the season you might run into a problem.

We stayed in a room with a private balcony. Room was nice, but the balcony was small, so if you had the AC on, it created a lot of heat and it was tough to sit out there and enjoy it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was a good location, large lounge chair seating areas and one flight down to the pool.
Ansonia, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Armada by the Sea with my mother in law 7/19-7/22 as this was the hotel she chose. It was in a great location first off, removed from the hustle and bustle, yet had a giant park across the street and expansive ocean views from the deck. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. However, the park offered entertainment Saturday evening which was loud, but did end around 10 pm. If you had sleeping kids in the room though this might be an issue. Also, one morning either Sunday or Monday morning I woke up to loud, very loud music playing. Zumba class 7 am at the park. Refreshing to see however, not exactly how I want to be awoken on vacation. The a/c in the room was hard to program and honestly I didn't have that much energy in trying to figure it out, but it wasn't set by temperature it was either on or off. The beds were comfy and again the room was very spacious and comfortable. My mother slept on the pull out couch in the living room, so even being in the back bedroom I could still hear the noise from the park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Made our yearly visit to Armada this past week and proud to report that ownership has kept up their excellent standards. Once again, we found the property well maintained, exceptionally clean and with a great office and housekeeping staff. Keep up the great work, see you next summer!

Room Tip: Efficiency rooms offer a great view of Centennial Park, which hosts a variety of musical acts during...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Binghamton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest for several years but had never stayed at the Armada By The Sea until this year. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is the cleanest hotel we've stayed at. Best of all is the absolutely perfect location. All of the rooms have an excellent view of the ocean and the Crest park where there are concerts twice a week and zumba in the mornings. It was so nice to sit on the balcony in the evening and enjoy the concert in the park. Absolutely the best place we've stayed and we're now going to be regulars at the Armada By the Sea!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Port Royal Hotel
Port Royal Hotel
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Armada By-the-Sea? Share your experiences!