“Outstanding Accommodations”

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Baltimore, Maryland
“Outstanding Accommodations”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Armada by the Sea the week of June 24th. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and the condition of the motel. This property is very well maintained, and the room was comfortable. It appeared to have been remodeled recently. The folks in the office and the housekeeping staff were quite pleasant and professional. The pool was heated, which is important early in the season. The Armada is located in the Crest and is adjacent to Centennial Park. The bike path is behind the Armada, and it is a relatively short walk/ride to the boardwalk. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend the Armada.

3 Thank Greg W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We choose this hotel based on previous reviews touting its cleanliness. They weren't kidding! Although the pool closes relatively early (7pm), it does so for good reason. During our short - but highly enjoyable stay - we saw workers cleaning the pool numerous times; skimming the surface, using the vacuum on the bottom, scrubbing the sides with scrub brushes, sweeping the deck, etc.The cleaning staff definitely goes the extra mile to make the pool - and property sparkle. Besides being uber clean, our room (Type C) was spacious, the view of the ocean, pool and Centennial park were fabulous and the beds were pretty comfortable too. We missed not having a private balcony, but it was worth the sacrifice for such a clean place.

2 Thank joyousmedicine
Kimberton,Pa
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for a basketball tournament this past weekend (6/14-16).
I haven't been to Wildwood Crest in years. I chose the Armada based on reviews.
We checked in around 2pm and our room was ready. We had arrived earlier than planned so
I was fine if the room wasn't ready yet. The woman at the desk was so pleasant and welcoming.
Check-in was easy. I drive a bigger SUV and parking spaces are more on the narrow side.
They were kind enough to give me a cone with my room number on it for a bigger parking spot.
It was nice to have a reserved spot all weekend since they were booked too. Very much appreciated!
As for the property spotless clean. We spent most of our Saturday by the pool which was heated. The beach is right there too. Some other teammates stayed here too so the girls
went between the pool and beach. I had an ocean front room with a pull out couch. Room
414 looked out onto the beach. Beautiful view in the morning. There was a microwave and
refrigerator also. The room was well maintained and spotless clean. I am very fussy, and
I did not have any sheet or bed issues. Bathroom was fine too.
I would consider staying facing the pool next time too. The sun decks were great. The only thing is I wish the pool stayed open later. It closed at 7pm and the kids would have enjoyed a
late swim. I understand if these are the rules though. I would definitely stay there again and
appreciate the great service. Thank you for a great weekend!

4 Thank dmg38
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you're like me and have scoured websites for Wildwood hotels, and then found yourself nervous or disappointed with what you get...stop looking. My husband and I stayed at the Armada by the Sea back in May for a getaway weekend. When we walked into the lobby to check in I got a really good feeling, It was beautiful.. We had booked a Type B motel room which faced the ocean and it was everything we needed. Extremely clean and comfortable. The fridge was cold and the shower was hot. The private balcony overlooking the beach was perfect for relaxing after exploring all day. The room had a microwave as well which was great for warming up a snack. The only thing my husband would have added was an in room coffee pot. Today I booked another room at the Armada for a week in August. My teens will love the easy beach access! I've stopped looking, The Armada by the Sea is now my go to property in Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 2blueocean
Mercerville,
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The ARMADA Motel is & always has been clean. They are always keeping the facility up to date & structurally sound inside & outside. Their Outside pool is heated, clean, very relaxing as is your bath tub,ample parking, pleasant staff, 2 outside sun decks for sun bathing. They are close to the convention center/boardwalk. The rooms are spacious some have kitchenettes, & some are just motel rooms w/ minimal amenities but sufficient, others are "BIG" and have two bedrooms Suites. Every year I come to Wildwood in May I stay here. I vacation 5 days, 2 days with the Knights of Columbus. A lot of us Knights stay @ this Motel. We attend the convention. But I enjoy the Armada for it's cleanliness and the pleasant surroundings. There is Park right across the street, and the Ocean right out the back yard(if you will).

Bob Lecato
Chancellor, KofC #6213
Mercerville N.J.

Room Tip: Get the room type with a regular size refrigerator & stove, if you stay for three or more days(m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert L
Warwick, NY
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed over Memorial Day weekend. Everyone at the Front Desk was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful. Rooms were very nice and we could see the ocean when we opened the shades. Location is about as close to the beach as you can get in Wildwood Crest. Also, it was far enough from the Boardwalk and rides to be a little calmer, but easy to get to them if someone needed a "funnel cake" fix. Really enjoyed our time there. One thing to beware of; as in most Shore places, the parking spaces are teeny, so pop in your sideview mirrors and be careful getting in and out.
We were in the area for my daughter's Gymnastics Regionals, and if it's in Wildwood again next year, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertaGreen
Yardville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel was. The rooms were spacious and it was updated. I would definitely stay there again. Close to the beach. Not far for convention center and the boardwalk. Great pool. Really nice hotel for the price you cannot beat it, Cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Port Royal Hotel
Port Royal Hotel
#7 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Armada By-the-Sea? Share your experiences!