“Friendly staff and very clean room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Armada By-the-Sea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Armada By-the-Sea
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York
“Friendly staff and very clean room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just back from a week's vacation - July 2012, staying at Armada by the Sea. We had a beach front room on the 4th floor and it was a great place to stay. The room was spotless, even the kitchen area in the room was pristine. I commented to my husband that room looked like it had been newly renovated as there was no wear and tear in sight. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful - we asked a few times about local amenities and everyone was more than willing to recommend places and give directions. The pool area is very nice although there are no umbrellas for shade which is unusual, the only shaded area was on the deck where they had a couple tables and chairs for eating covered by an awning. Mostly we loved our balcony which was small but very private and we enjoyed several evenings on it having cockails as the sun went down. I would definitely recommend the Armada, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed all over Wildwood Crest over the past 11 summers. This motel was the cleanest place we've ever been. Staff was helpful and friendly. Perfect place, kids just wish the pool had a slide!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I just called to make reservations at the Armada, like I always do every year and I spoke to one of the girls that works there and was quoted 490.00( this was tax included in the price) for a two night stay there in one if there A rooms for July 19th to the 21st. She said she would send me an ivioce for our stay and I would just need to send a check in the amount of $215 for one night. When i got the invoice though, it was almost $200 more then what I was quoted, so I called back and spoke to the manager Steve who refused to do anything about what was their fault. He began to scream at me saying that it was there peak time and that they need toto make money. He said it was a mistake and began asking me if I ever made mistskesthe before repeatedly and when I asked to speak to someone higher he said I am the manager so deal with it. I will NEVER go back there again, even though I used to go there every year. I am beyond upset and disgusted with the lack of customer service I just experienced. I would reconsider staying here if I were you...

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Traveler12385
Stbg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Friendly staff, and clean. We had one of the more outdated rooms facing the concert feild but still had a fantastic view.

Very nice place and our 5 yo enjoyed the pool after the beach.

Would def stay their again, and look forward to getting in their updated rooms. There is a strange couch in the room, looks like it came out of a 70s time machine. But overall very clean and thats the most imprortant thing that counts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We came home from our vacation today and had a wonderful time. The motel is so clean, the bed were comfortable and the cleaning staff was amazing what the clean everyday. The staff went out of there way to make sure you were comfortable and made sure you had what you needed. We had a problem with my mother and she could not make it so we went from 2 rooms to 1. We cancelled just 3 days before and they were very helpful changing things around for us.

Room Tip: Every room is ocean view, but they do have ocean front.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

A room was booked for a Saturday night, my reservation was made, credit card information was taken, excitement for my stay on full blast. I receive a call from the Armada stating the room is no longer avaiable with the crappy excuse that there was,"computer issues". I ask to speak with the manager who then relays that, " a guest extended their stay". This all sounds like a lame excuse to me, this is not fair business. I hope your "extended stay" guest brings bed bugs.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Shannon L
Clayton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family spent a week at this treasure during the 2012 NJ Elks Convention and everything was perfect. The rooms have been updated with flat screen TVs and complementary wifi. The linens were clean and beds comfortable. They have also “gone green” and updated their lighting systems as well as appliances and toilets and tubs. The service and maintenance team members were all friendly and actually helped with some of our luggage when we arrived. The owner (Steve) was on the premises daily and wished us well as we hit the beach and when we returned from a day of fun. We felt like we were family during our stay. The Armada By The Sea is definitely on our return list this summer. If you go, the views are really good from any room BUT try to book oceanfront room with a private balcony. It was great to have the sea breezes at night and the sound of the waves lull you to sleep.

A wonderful stay, Thank you

Room Tip: book oceanfront room with a private balcony. It was great to have the sea breezes at night and the...
1 Thank David R
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Port Royal Hotel
Port Royal Hotel
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Armada By-the-Sea? Share your experiences!