I've stayed at so many hotels in Wildwood over the years. Many of them, like the Lollipop and the Carideon started out as clean inexpensive rentals, but Wildwood in general over the years has truly been on the decline. We got tired of working all year, anticipating a great vacation only to spend a week in one of North WW dumps. Eventually, we stopped doing hotels and motels and tried condo rentals. Although they were much cleaner, in the long run they were much more expensive, and in some cases were advertised as condos but were in fact simply motels converted to so-called condos. The Shalimar was great. For one, the clientele appeared to be working class people, all of whom were very friendly. The rooms are very clean, and it's location is close to supermarkets, parks, and restaurants. The staff is ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Elaine, Christina, and Brittany will bend over backwards to make sure your every need is met. They truly are the best hotel staff I have ever encountered. The pool is clean, and stays open late. The only cons we had was the motels proximity to the boardwalk (we had to drive every night), also you have to pay to use the gym, and finally there's no free coffee in the lobby which for working class people "GOOD COFFEE is a must. I don't mind putting on a pot on each morning, but on vacation (even in dumps), coffee is usually free. Those minor issues aside,(and I do mean minor) we really enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend "The Shalimar" to anyone looking for a clean, quite, vacation. We hope to visit again next Summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to come and enjoy the retro inspired style of our accommodations-from our guest rooms to our largest three-bedroom townhouse. Our recent renovations blend the classic mid-century architecture of the Wildwoods with modern conveniences, like wireless internet and a complete fitness center including steam room. At the center of the Shalimar is the spacious pool area, open late and offering sun-drenched southern exposure for you while the kids enjoy the diving board and slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Shalimar Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Shalimar Motel Wildwood Crest