“Great Wildwood Experience Finally!!!”

Shalimar Resort Motel
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
baltimore, md
“Great Wildwood Experience Finally!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've stayed at so many hotels in Wildwood over the years. Many of them, like the Lollipop and the Carideon started out as clean inexpensive rentals, but Wildwood in general over the years has truly been on the decline. We got tired of working all year, anticipating a great vacation only to spend a week in one of North WW dumps. Eventually, we stopped doing hotels and motels and tried condo rentals. Although they were much cleaner, in the long run they were much more expensive, and in some cases were advertised as condos but were in fact simply motels converted to so-called condos. The Shalimar was great. For one, the clientele appeared to be working class people, all of whom were very friendly. The rooms are very clean, and it's location is close to supermarkets, parks, and restaurants. The staff is ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Elaine, Christina, and Brittany will bend over backwards to make sure your every need is met. They truly are the best hotel staff I have ever encountered. The pool is clean, and stays open late. The only cons we had was the motels proximity to the boardwalk (we had to drive every night), also you have to pay to use the gym, and finally there's no free coffee in the lobby which for working class people "GOOD COFFEE is a must. I don't mind putting on a pot on each morning, but on vacation (even in dumps), coffee is usually free. Those minor issues aside,(and I do mean minor) we really enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend "The Shalimar" to anyone looking for a clean, quite, vacation. We hope to visit again next Summer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank esabree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 3, 2013

we have a great time. my friend and I are having a great time. we have the T-1 town house suite we have our own balcony in our bed room. I like the place and I would go back for at least 3 night stay.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank nicolegraci
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Every year since I was a baby, our family vacation was always Wildwood and my whole family stayed at The Rio Motel. We have so many cherished memories from those days. Once it closed down, we have always felt 'homeless' down there...staying at various motels in WW and WW Crest, but never loving any of them, until The Shalimar! We just spent the greatest week in years there. The staff was great. Check-in and out was simple and quick. The rooms were clean, the pool is huge and open late. The laundry facilities were better than anywhere else i have stayed. Everyone around the pool was friendly, the clientele was fabulous. We had the best vacation In years and finally found our new home away from home. I'm about to see if we can book another summer getaway and we will surely be returning next year. Highly recommend The Shalimar, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed poolside on the first floor, even though the pool was open late, it was never too loud. Bu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shalimar_Staff, Front Office Manager at Shalimar Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We are so glad you found us and we look forward to having you back again!
Wood Ridge
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is nice. We stayed 7 nights in a T1 townhouse unit. The two decks are great. The room could use more storage for clothing either in additional furniture or shelving. The property is well kept and housekeeping does a good job. The one hiccup we experienced was a bacon odor that the last guests "left" in the room that stubbornly hung in there for the duration of our stay.....it did lessen over time. Overall, management seems on the ball.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed one of our townhouse units with the private balconies. So sorry about the bacon smell - we do our best to deal with situations like that. There are always things we can try if it is too much. We have considered putting up some additional shelving and very much appreciate your recommendation/comments. We hope to see you again!
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great time at the shalimar. Pool is clean and has an awesome diving board lots of fun got adults and kids!! I really liked the BBQ Grills and my son loved the pool as well as the miniture Golf area. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. There are no towels for the pool so bring your own. Also the room is a little cramped ( we stayed in Room 107) and mattress probably need to e changed soon they are a bit unfortable not alot, with those exceptions everything else was good. The hotel is about a block from the beach and close to Cape May. One thing is to keep in mind of that you are bringing more then one car, you will have to park one of the cars on the premise and the other about a block away or at a meter. I would reccommend this to anyone.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We took a day trip to Wildwood from the Philadelphia area and made no reservations. After staying in the Crest just last month at another motel, I was prepared for older, basic accommodations that were clean but with sparse amenities. We stumbled upon the Shalimar as we were driving through and were immediately sold when the front-desk person gave a tour of the room with 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 3 balconies, Jacuzzi tub and updated decor--at a reasonable price!! And did I mention only a block away from the beach?!

I will definitely keep this motel in my database for a future stay and have already recommended it via Facebook. I'm not sure how many motels in the area have multiple bedrooms (the Oceanview is one), but this one was actually nicely appointed.

Room Tip: Our room was 408. I think all rooms are this level have multiple bedrooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you happened upon us! We do have several options of larger rooms that can accommodate larger families or families that just want some more room for their vacation. We hope you will keep us in mind for future stays.
North Haledon, NJ
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was not pleased with the service I received at this motel.
We went to the Shalimar for a family vacation. I was immediately disappointed with the way one of the front staff members spoke to my sister. She was very nasty over a name confusion with her reservation. I feel that working in this type of business you need to have a lot of patience and give 100% customer service.

We had several issues.

1. We booked a D6 unit with a kitchen.
Pots were a little difficult to use. Everything would stick.
They didn't have regular kitchen knives. We had to ask the front desk for a knife to cut a watermelon.The Worst part, we had to give it back.
While I was waiting at my unit for the knife I realized I needed a wine bottle opener.
So, I called the front desk to ask for one. I had mentioned to the lady at the front desk, that I was the one who stopped at the desk for a kitchen knife, so that they can just bring both requested items together but before I even had a chance to suggest that, the lady got nasty with me on the phone and said very rudely "we know about the knife and it takes us time to find these things, you need to give us time" I told the lady I was not rushing her and to take it easy that all I was trying to do was to inform her to bring them together so they wouldn't have to make two trips. She continued to be nasty and I just decided to try to ignore it. I came to find out it was the same lady who got nasty with my sister in law and was informed she was the owners daughter. That was very surprising to me. Owners usually tend to treat everyone with kindness and respect. Owners try to make it a great stay for everyone, to get great reviews, referrals and overall keep guests coming back. This is totally not the case at this motel.

2. No irons in the rooms

3. Towels were horrible. Like sand paper!!!

4. . Our last morning there was the icing on the cake.
At around 7:30am there was a huge leak coming down to our bathroom and kitchen disrupting our sleep.

All of our stuff in the bathroom and the kitchen cabinets got wet.

We immediately informed the front desk and it took them more then half an hour to get a plumber/maintenance in our room.

They never sent housekeeping to our room to clean up all the water in the bathroom and kitchen.

So I went to the front desk to talk to them about the issue. It was 9:20am and nothing was done. We still had leaking water in our unit and checkout was at 10:00am.
We went to the front desk; the owner was speaking with the renter from the above unit. Apparently the toilet had broken. They were being nasty to the renter. They accused them of breaking the toilet and told them they had to pay for it and that it was the way they sat on the toilet. WOW!!!!!

So I was next in line. I had let them know we were the unit with the leakage and checkout is at 10:00am. The owner didn't even give me a chance to finish speaking and let him know that our stuff in the bathroom and cabinets got all wet. He cut me off and said “It was just a little water and he said you have one hour to check out and that's it!!! “ Mind you, he never stepped foot in our unit. I said to him, this is an inconvenience. He said " not for us" who says that????
So I said " it is for us" and if they were going to be issuing a credit of some sort. He said "that is not even an option, you have one hour to check out and that's it!!!" No apologies for the leakage at all. Very nasty and rude!!!!! They obviously only care about the Money!!!!!

I was very disappointed in the way we were treated during our stay. I will not recommend this Motel!!!!!! They have Very POOR customer service. They also need to drop the word resort from their name!!!! This is not a resort at all!!!!

7 Thank AcevedoFamily
We are very sorry when any customer has a bad stay. However, this particular customer was extremely difficult from the moment she made the reservation. She called back and attempted to change her reservation several times, but was upset was she was informed that there was a minimum stay. She chose to keep the reservations as is. When making deposits on the rooms and checking in, they used several different names to reference the reservation - not the name they reserved under. Then proceeded to yell at the staff members trying to help them for losing their reservations. During her stay she came into the office to let us know she was going to have guests. She said that since her reservation had been messed up by the staff, she felt she shouldn't have to pay for the guests. She also took this opportunity to very aggressively yell at the staff. She asked if the guests could park on the lot, but we explained that we simply didn't have enough room for additional cars on the lot. She had them park on the lot regardless, causing problems for other customers. She refused maid service and then complained that she didn't have clean towels. This customer created situations for herself that caused problems so that she could keep asking for compensation and money back. She was a constant disturbance to both the staff and other customers. We do not want anyone to have a bad experience, but this customer was a constant problem throughout her stay. This customer's description of the occurrence on the final morning of her stay is completely inaccurate.

We have ironing facilities in the guest laundry room for our customers. This prevents damage inside the rooms. Guests are welcome to use an iron in the guest laundry room at any time.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels